- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 60
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate: Yes
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1What is Position in Physics? - Definition & Examples
Course SummaryThis 8th Grade Physical Science enrichment course helps students start learning new physical science topics before taking the course in middle school. The short video lessons make accelerated learning simple and fun. Plus, quizzes and chapter exams let parents track their students' progress of advanced physical science concepts.
To Start This Course Today
Try it free for 5 days
Students who want to take advanced physical science topics will find this enrichment course provides a simple and effective way to ease into more challenging subject matter. You'll find this course useful if you:
- Find current physical science topics aren't challenging enough
- Are interested in exploring and mastering physical science topics now
- Want to get a jump start and prepare for next year's physical science class
- Prefer self-paced learning in multiple formats (visual or auditory)
- Would like a low-pressure alternative to formal or traditional classes
You'll be able to benefit from this enrichment course in several ways:
- It's helpful: Short lesson series make the material engaging and easier to absorb.
- It's convenient: Study when you want, where you want from any computer or mobile device.
- It's flexible: Whether you learn better by reading, hearing or watching a video, we've got you covered.
- It's authoritative: Our physical science instructors are experts who make topics understandable and fun!
Using the Course
We've designed this course so that it's easy to navigate for students who want to learn new physical science concepts. Check out the two most popular options to decide which best fits your needs:
- Start at the beginning with an overview of motion and force, and advance through the chapters and lessons in order until you reach the last lesson on the scientific applications of mathematical relationships. Lessons follow a natural progression, making this option simple to follow along.
- Identify physical science topics you find most interesting, and skip the material you already know. If you only want to study the chemistry of living systems, you can go straight to that chapter. Though some lessons might refer to topics in previous lessons, each one is designed to stand alone to make sure you get all of the info you need to understand a topic.
Simply follow these steps, and you'll be on your way to mastering physical science!
1. Start at the beginning or find the chapter subjects or lesson topics you want to learn about.
2. Open a lesson and play the video.
3. Test your understanding of the material using the short lesson quizzes and chapter exams.
4. Ask our expert instructors questions if you need extra help learning a physical science concept.
5. Go to the next lesson in the chapter to continue learning.
6. See your course progress on the physical science enrichment course page.
What You Can Learn
You can advance your physical science knowledge and skills in the following areas:
- Position, speed and time
- Newton's laws of motion
- Atomic structure
- Elements and chemical bonds
- Compounds and molecules
- States and properties of matter
- Galaxy and star formation
- Stages in a star's life cycle
- Objects in the solar system
- Chemical reactions
- Phase changes
- Solution pH
- Organic molecules
- Groups in the periodic table
- Density and buoyant force
- Steps in the scientific method
- Experiment design
- Graphs of scientific data
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 95 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 2,000 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Physical Science Courses and Classes Overview
- Top Schools for Physical Science
- Online Courses in the Physical Sciences: Course Descriptions
- Distance Learning Physical Therapy Education Programs and Courses
- Physics Professions Video: Career Options for a Degree in the Physical Sciences
- Tips for New Students Starting a Distance Learning Program
- Physical Sciences Bachelor Degrees and Majors
- Physical Science Major: Information and Requirements
- Physical Science Degree Program Information
- Physical Sciences
Explore our library of over 55,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses