Course SummaryThis study guide goes over all the material you'll want to have a strong grasp on when taking the Accuplacer Sentence Skills Test. These engaging lessons are conducted by professional instructors who are available for any questions that arise as you navigate the content.
To Start This Course Today
Try it free for 5 days
About This Course
This course was designed to meet all of your studying needs as you prepare to tackle the Accuplacer Sentence Skills Test. The lessons within flesh out all the topics you'll want to be ready for on test day in a simple-to-follow manner. By the time you finish this chapter, you'll have improved your understanding of:
- Nouns, pronouns and antecedents
- Verbs, adjectives and adverbs
- Determiners and clauses
- Grammatical errors
- Forms of sentences
- Sentence structure
About the Exam
The Accuplacer Sentence Skills Test is used by college officials along with other materials to get an idea of your knowledge and place you within courses matching your skill level. The multiple-choice exam is composed of twenty questions, with two types of questions included. The first type of question you'll encounter will be a sentence-correction prompt asking you to select the right word or phrase for the underlined part of the sentence. The second type you'll be challenged by is construction-shift questions that ask you to select a rewritten sentence that meets the shown criteria while keeping a similar meaning as the original sentence. There is no time limit for this test.
Preparing & Registering for the Accuplacer Sentence Skills Test
These lessons include both videos and transcripts of the content covered, allowing you to choose the way you want to learn. The timeline feature lets those who opt for the videos jump around main points of the lesson, while transcript readers will find bolded words throughout. The bold print makes it easy to spot key terms and concepts. And once you're through reviewing each lesson, you'll be able to make sure you processed it correctly by taking a practice final exam.
You can make an appointment to take the Accuplacer Sentence Skills test through your college advising and counseling office. Students who live too far from campus can contact their colleges to discuss the available testing alternatives as well as the possibility of completing the exam at a local college or with the supervision of an authorized proctor.
Accuplacer Sentence Skills Test is a registered trademark of The College Board, which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 95 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 2,000 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Flip Your Classroom with Study.com's Engaging Video Lessons
- Help, Homeschooling Is Taking Over Our Lives!
- GED Books and Study Materials for Test Preparation
- Online GED Test Options and GED Study Materials
- Careers that Require Strong Communication Skills
- Jobs that Require Strong Communication Skills
- Taking Harder Tests Makes You Smarter
- Intro to Psychology CLEP Study Guide and Practice Tests
- Life Skills You'll Need in College That High School Didn't Teach You
- Become a Professional Hair Styling Instructor: Requirements and Info
Explore our library of over 55,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses