- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 70
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
- New lessons are still being added
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Bird Flashcards
Course SummaryThe flashcard sets available in this collection can help you commit important biology information to memory, allowing you to retain the details you need to know for any upcoming tests. Study these learning tools at any time to improve your biology knowledge and boost your grades.
To Start This Course Today
Try it free for 5 days
|Flashcards - Enteric Bacteria List & Flashcards|
About These Flashcards
Under the main topic of biology, the flashcard sets in this collection allow you to expand your knowledge about organisms and their life cycles. Within each set of flashcards you could review definitions, key facts, pictures, and graphics, all of which you will need to comprehend to do well in your biology class or to pass an upcoming exam. A few of the topics covered in this collection of flashcard sets include the following:
- Systems within the human body
- Cell structures and characteristics
- Biochemistry applications
- Human body functions
How Flashcards Help
- Student engagement: Provides a more interactive way to learn about the formation of cells and their processes.
- Additional resources: Search for related biology lessons on the site to view a short lesson in order to get context and details for each flashcard topic.
- Information retention: Repetition can help you remember critical terms, proper names, biochemical formulas, and steps for conducting scientific research.
How They Work
One of the best strategies for memorizing scientific terms and biological systems includes memory drills, and these flashcards provide an effective resource for getting the info into your head so you can quickly recall major vocabulary terms and scientific processes.
- Go to a chapter that covers the biology topics you need to learn.
- Open a flashcard set for the topic you're studying.
- Identify the image, term, name, or concept on the flashcard.
- Click the button to flip the card and view the answer.
- Select whether you got it right or missed it to keep track of your progress.
- Click the Next arrow to proceed through the flashcard set.
- Review the cards you missed or shuffle all cards back in and go through them again.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 79 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 2,000 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- The Compass Test: What You Need to Know
- Distance Learning and Student Visa Extensions: What You Need To Know
- What Classes Do You Need To Get A Bachelors Degree in Biology?
- What's More Important To You: Education or Knowledge?
- What You Need to Know About Transferring Credits
- What You Need to Know Before Choosing a Graduate Adviser
- What You Need to Know Before Applying to a PhD Program
- Finding Work Abroad: What You Need to Know
- What You Need to Know About Teacher Certification Reciprocity
- Opening the World's Knowledge: Study.com Speaks with Tufts University
Explore our library of over 30,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses