Course SummaryIncrease your understanding of the math topics you'll be tested on when you take the CLEP College Algebra exam to earn real college credit with this engaging test prep course. Our video lessons and quizzes can be used as a flexible, mobile-friendly study guide so you are prepared to take the exam.
To Start This Course Today
Try it free for 5 days
About This Course
Quickly earning three hours of college credit is possible when you take just a couple weeks to study with our test prep course in college algebra. With the help of our engaging and efficient video lessons, you can learn about the same topics you would find in a semester-long college algebra course, including solving quadratics, simplifying expressions, using the binomial theorem and classifying sequences.
On-screen graphics and animations help you quickly learn the subject matter and retain critical info for the test. You'll find plenty of practice problems to help you calculate a geometric or arithmetic series, use logarithmic properties, apply function operations and much more.
Syllabus & Course Information
To make sure you understand fundamental principles of college algebra, CLEP tests address a series of learning objectives. The lessons in our prep course are aligned with those objectives, and you'll have mastery of each one by the time you complete this course.
- Solve and graph linear equations and systems of equations
- Solve for absolute value
- Take the determinant of a matrix
- Solve and graph inequalities
- Factor polynomials and quadratics
- Graph parabolas and polynomials
- Complete calculations and graph with complex numbers
- Perform operations with functions
- Perform operations with rational expressions
- Evaluate logarithms and solve equations
- Solve exponential equations
- Solve factorials and binomials
- Calculate arithmetic and geometric series
- Use summation notation
Prerequisites aren't needed for this course covering basic algebraic methods. You can get started right away studying functions, rational expressions, polynomials and factoring.
This course comprises 81 video lessons separated into 11 chapters. Each video lesson offers concise and thorough information in about 5-10 minutes of instruction and is followed by a quick quiz to gauge your comprehension of the material. Written transcripts are useful for following along with the lesson or reviewing a missed concept. Chapter quizzes and a final exam are part of the course, which is taught by subject experts who can answer any questions you have.
College Algebra CLEP Exam Information
The materials tested on the college algebra CLEP exam are the same as those covered in a semester-long college course. This course is usually taken to satisfy general education requirements at most colleges and universities. Some majors that might require college algebra include engineering, math, biochemistry and statistics.
- Number of Questions: About 60
- Question Type: Multiple-choice
- Time Limit: 90 minutes
- Number of Credits: 3
- Exam Cost: $85
Earn CLEP Credit
You can earn 3 credits right away by passing the CLEP test when it's convenient for you, rather than having to attend a class for a full semester, saving you money in the process. Apply the credit you earn to a degree program at more than 2,900 colleges and universities throughout the nation. Using the lessons in our test prep course is the most efficient way to prepare for the exam. Learn more about earning credits for the CLEP College Algebra exam.
Study Schedule for the CLEP College Algebra Exam
This course features about 8 hours of instruction. Since the lessons are self-paced, you can prepare for the test when it's convenient for you. However, we also offer some general guidelines below to give you an idea of how long it might take you to be ready for the exam.
|Study Frequency||When You'll Be Ready for the Exam|
|3 hours a day; 3 days a week||Just under 1 week|
|2 hours a day; 3 days a week||Not quite 1.5 weeks|
|1 hour a day; 3 days a week||Just over 2 weeks|
CLEP is a registered trademark of College Board, which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 95 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 2,000 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Do I Have to Take College Entrance Exams to Earn Transfer Credit?
- College Student Uses Free Courses and the CLEP Exam to Earn Low-Cost Credits
- Earning Low Cost College Credit with the CLEP Exams
- More Than Half of SAT Test-Takers Not Ready for College
- How CLEP Exams Work to Earn a Debt-Free College Degree
- Where Can I Take a Child Care Exam Online?
- Get $1000 for Earning College Credit!
- Why Work-Study Students Should Take Their College Job Seriously
- Does Every Florida Teacher Have to Take the General Knowledge Exams?
- More Than One in Four College Students Take Courses Online
Explore our library of over 55,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses