Course SummaryOpen doors to other opportunities by earning a College Algebra Certificate with this interactive course. Our mobile-friendly learning tools can be accessed at any time on any mobile device, and can help you refresh your algebra skills and help you earn a certificate to demonstrate your knowledge to your employer.
To Start This Course Today
Try it free for 5 days
About This Course
Earn a College Algebra Certificate in about two weeks with this highly flexible course. Our instructors bring basic college algebra concepts to life through compact and stimulating video lessons. You'll learn how to complete the square and graph complex numbers, and there are plenty of opportunities to test your skills.
Who's This For?
Business leaders, sales personnel, finance workers, small business owners and other working professionals who use math on a regular basis can use this course to refresh their algebra skills. Those who have never taken a college-level algebra class might also find this course helpful.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Benefits of the Certificate
This course teaches you foundational algebra skills you can apply to both your professional and personal life. Some benefits of this course include:
- Showcasing your mastery of essential algebra concepts by adding this certificate to your online profile.
- Demonstrating to potential employers your commitment to continuing education.
- Strengthening your problem solving skills.
- Improving your ability to apply logical thinking to different situations.
College Algebra Program Breakdown
This certificate course has 11 chapters. It begins with a review of foundational math skills before advancing to more complex topics, like factoring with FOIL and using rational exponents.
Foundations and Linear Equations
This chapter introduces you to the different types of numbers and the parts of a graph. It also shows you how to graph and write a linear equation. You'll learn how to use a system of equations as well.
Matrices and Absolute Value
Find out how to take the determinant of a matrix, evaluate absolute value expressions and solve absolute value equations in this chapter.
This chapter teaches you how to graph inequalities and absolute value inequalities. You can also learn to use set notation and work with compound inequalities.
Factoring with FOIL, Graphing Parabolas and Solving Quadratics
Learn how to multiply binomials, factor quadratic equations and complete the square in this chapter. You'll also learn how to factor and solve quadratics that aren't written in standard form.
Learn to multiply and divide imaginary numbers. Practice graphing them on the complex plane.
Exponents and Polynomials
This chapter shows you methods for defining zero and negative exponents and simplifying expressions with rational exponents. You can also learn to use long and synthetic division to divide polynomials.
Learn how to add, subtract, multiply and divide rational expressions. Practice solving rational equations.
Get instructions for shifting graphs on a plane. Find out how to identify domain and range in a function, and learn to compose functions and find inverse functions.
Exponentials and Logarithms
Learn to evaluate logarithms and solve exponential equations in this chapter.
Learn what a factorial is and how to evaluate it. Discover the uses of the binomial theorem.
Sequences and Series
This chapter concludes the course by teaching you how to classify arithmetic and geometric sequences and calculate a series.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 95 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 2,000 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Car-Sharing Helps College Students Get Mobile
- Grants Help First-Generation College Students Earn Their Degrees
- CPR Certified Technician: How to Earn Your Certification
- Mobile Electronics Certification Program and Career Overview
- How Mobile Apps and Devices Impact Teaching and Learning: EduMOOC 2011
- How Earning A Degree Helped With My Career Advancement
- IV Certified Technician: How Can I Earn My IV Certification?
- Should You Earn Your Texas Teacher Certification Online?
- Pros & Cons of Earning Your Teacher Certification in More Subjects
- The Benefits of Earning Dual Certification As a New Teacher
Explore our library of over 55,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses