- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 41
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate: Yes
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1What is a Customer? - Definition & Overview
Course SummaryThis concise course offers engaging instruction on how to create a positive experience for customers. Your company's personnel will learn about all of the aspects of customer engagement with the goal of retaining customers.
To Start This Course Today
Try it free for 5 days
About This Course
Customers dictate the success of a company, regardless of its size. Each section of this course gives your employees an opportunity to learn a spectrum of skills related to creating a satisfactory customer experience. Employees can learn how to craft the customer experience and the roles of the different people involved in the process. They can also learn about identifying the type of customer being served and appropriate approaches.
How It Works
This course can be completed in various ways. Learning needs can be identified and lessons can be assigned accordingly or the lessons can be watched as organized within the course. The lessons can be viewed in a group setting, allowing employees to train together, or on an individual basis, from any device that has an internet connection.
Opportunities available through the use of this course include:
- Concise lessons, offering maximal learning in short time periods
- Timelines for easy monitoring of the employee's progress
- Interactive quizzes, enabling efficient and effective assessment of learning
- Cumulative exams to check overall learning
How It Helps
- Empowers employees - To give a customer a positive, memorable experience, employees must be able to understand the customer.
- Educate managers - The course teaches how to perform internal auditing and gives instruction on the different tools that can be used.
- Improves understanding - Learning about customer loyalty and how to encourage loyalty will help employees and management serve customers in a way that will aid in retention.
|Chapter||Topics & Objectives|
|Managing the Customer Experience||Find out how to manage the customer experience and the roles different employees play in creating this experience.|
|Marketing in Customer Experience Management||Examine the marketing process from customer profiling to marketing workshops.|
|Selling to a Customer||Find out how to effectively sell a product to a customer.|
|Engagement Through Customer-Centricity||Understand how to create a culture that is centered around customer needs.|
|Customer Loyalty & Retention||Distinguish between the Loyalty Loop and Marketing Funnel and review customer loyalty.|
|Internal Auditing||Outline the processes involved in internal auditing and the different tools that can be used.|
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 95 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 2,000 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Courses for Aspiring Customer Service Professionals
- How to Become a Customer Service Agent
- How to Become a Customer Service Supervisor
- IT Jobs Without Customer Service
- Online Customer Service Courses and Training Programs
- Customer Service Degree Program Overviews
- Customer Service Certificate and Certification Programs
- Customer Service Schools and Colleges in the U.S.
- Customer Relationship Management Degree Overviews
- How to Become a Customer Service Engineer: Career Roadmap
Explore our library of over 55,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses