Course SummaryUse this study guide to help your grade 9 students review math concepts they will be tested on for the year-end assessment exam. The topics discussed in this course are the same that students would need to know when taking the Education Quality and Accountability Office (EQAO) Grade 9 Math exam.
To Start This Course Today
Try it free for 5 days
About This Course
In this course, fun and engaging video lessons are great resources for your students as they get ready to take the EQAO Grade 9 Math exam. Lessons address basic algebra and geometry concepts such as expressions, graphs and slopes, linear relations, nonlinear functions, and perimeter, area and volume. You will also go over problem solving methods, ratio calculations, and proportions, rates and percents.
About the Exam
The EQAO Grade 9 Math exam assesses the ability to students at this grade level to understand basic algebra and geometry concepts and apply their knowledge in solving problems. This is a paper-based exam consisting of both multiple-choice and open-response questions. Students are allotted one hour to complete this exam. A standard level of grading applies; thus, students who are graded in the B+ to B- range are considered proficient in these concepts.
EQAO Grade 9 Math Exam Preparation & Registration
You will find all of the material your student would need to review for the EQAO Grade 9 Math exam in this comprehensive study guide. Short lessons go over methods for solving specific types of problems, such as those involving rates and percentages as well as rate exchanges, square roots, exponents, word problems, and equations with one- and two-variables and more. Students will also review linear equations, graphing, algebraic equations, measuring angles and determining area, volume and perimeter. Easily accessible lessons make it convenient for your student to review material when it's best for them. You can also have students take self-assessment exams to determine how much they understand about each topic before moving from one lesson to the next.
EQAO exams are automatically given to public school students in Ontario who are in grades 3, 6, 9 and 10, and there is no registration process needed to take any of these exams.
The EQAO Grade 9 Math exam is administered by the Education Quality and Accountability Office, which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 79 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 2,000 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Why Even Smart Students Still Need to Study for an Open-Book Exam
- What You Need to Know Before Taking Online Classes As an International Student
- The Compass Test: What You Need to Know
- How Can Parents Help Their Students Prepare for a College Readiness or AP Exam?
- Top Strategies for Studying for Final Exams: Straight From Students
- Strategies for Getting to Know Your Students
- Distance Learning and Student Visa Extensions: What You Need To Know
- 7 Test-Taking Tips for Adult Students
- How to Guide Students Through Study.com's Courses
- College Student Uses Free Courses and the CLEP Exam to Earn Low-Cost Credits
Explore our library of over 35,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses