- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 38
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate: Yes
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1The Origin of Life on Earth: Theories and Explanations
Course SummaryLearn something new about evolution or catch up in your science classes with our Evolution 101 introductory course. Professionally-designed video and text lessons outline key topics, while multiple-choice quizzes can be used as a great test prep exercise or to help you check your comprehension.
To Start This Course Today
Try it free for 5 days
About This Course
Learn about the history of evolution and the origins of life on this planet, then discover more detailed topics such as DNA, natural selection and the Hardy Weinberg equilibrium model through Evolution 101: Intro to Evolution. Knowledgeable instructors have created informative video lessons paired with short quizzes to test your comprehension of key topics relating to evolution.
|History & Theory of Evolution||Learn about the history and basic elements of evolutionary theory starting with the history and origin of life, the basic theory of evolution, random mutation and genetic variability.|
|Evolution of Life on Earth||Discover the process of evolution among different lifeforms. Take a look at methods of evolution classification, such as cladograms and phylogenetic trees.|
|Evolution Models of Human Origins||Explore the evolution of human beings. Learn about different evolutionary models explaining human origins.|
|Overview of DNA||Examine basic information concerning DNA, including the structure of chromosomes, replication and genomic DNA analysis.|
|Artificial & Natural Selection Theory of Evolution||Get to know Charles Darwin and the theories of natural and artificial selection.|
|The Hardy Weinberg Equilibrium Model||Learn details regarding the Hardy Weinberg model.|
|Speciation & Speciation Barriers||Find out about speciation and its corresponding barriers.|
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 79 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 2,000 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- How Teachers Use Video Lessons to Help ADHD Students Learn
- Exercise Science Courses, Classes, and Coursework Overview
- Online Courses for Make-Up Professionals
- People's Choice Nominees: Best Test Prep
- Best Test Prep, People's Choice Awards
- Professional Engineering Classes and Courses
- Lesson Plan Design Courses and Classes Overview
- Learn Effective Communication: Classes and Courses
- Exercise Sciences Career Video: Earning a Degree in Exercise Science and Fitness Studies
- Kitchen Design Courses and Classes
Explore our library of over 30,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses