- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 85
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate: Yes
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1What Is a Business Organization? - Structure, Types & Examples
Course SummaryThis course can be used to study for a business course or learn new information on corporate finance practices. This course is ideal for brushing up before a business course exam, preparing for an assessment test or even for learning new information or refreshing your memory about corporate finance practices and concepts for professional purposes.
To Start This Course Today
Try it free for 5 days
About This Course
Review mostly advanced corporate finance topics with the lessons in this course. You will have the opportunity to focus on information regarding financial management, types of corporations, corporate funding and financial reporting. Individual courses are offered in stocks and bonds, investment risk and portfolios, budgeting, balance sheet and income statement preparation, cost of capital and corporate bankruptcy. You can test what you have learned by taking the self-assessment quizzes found at the end of each lesson.
The lessons in this course provide a helpful overview of relevant topics for various types of learners:
- Business professors and instructors seeking to supplement their class's study materials.
- Business majors looking for an easy way to study corporate finance.
- Entry-level employees in corporate finance departments who are seeking to expand their knowledge or reinforce what they already know about this topic.
- New small business owners who are looking to refresh their understanding of budgeting, funding and investment concepts.
- Financial management goals and decision-making processes
- Examples of financial reporting
- Types of assets and liabilities
- Creating a balance sheet
- The focus of an income statement
- Types and valuation of stocks and bonds
- The development of an investment portfolio
- Investment risk and analysis
- The definition of capital structure
- Formulas and calculations for capital budgeting
- Corporate bankruptcy laws
- Details about a hands-on assignment to help you fully understand how these corporate finance concepts are applied
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 79 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 2,000 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Corporate Finance Course and Class Overviews
- Distance Learning Corporate Finance Degrees with Course Info
- Corporate Law: Overview of a Corporate Law Course for Business Majors
- Online Business Finance Courses and Classes
- Business Finance Courses and Classes Overview
- Corporate Finance Degree Program Overviews with Course Info
- Online Degrees in Corporate Communications with Course Information
- Finance Schools in New York with Course and Degree Overviews
- Plumbing Course in New Jersey with Training Information
- Psychology Courses in New York with University Information
Explore our library of over 35,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses