- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 173
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate: Yes
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1What is Chemistry? - Definition, History & Branches
Course SummaryGet caught up in chemistry with the video and text lessons available in our helpful remedial course. These learning tools are accessible on any computer, tablet or mobile phone and work as a comprehensive study guide you can access at any time to build your confidence in this topic.
To Start This Course Today
Try it free for 5 days
Students who need help with chemistry topics will find this remedial course provides a simple and effective way to catch up on subject matter. You'll find this course useful if you:
- Need to bring your chemistry grade up
- Are trying to catch up on any missed chemistry homework
- Have a hard time understanding your chemistry lessons in class
- Want some extra preparation materials for an upcoming chemistry exam
- Prefer self-paced learning in multiple formats (visual or auditory)
- Would like a low-pressure alternative to formal or traditional classes
You'll be able to benefit from this remedial course in several ways:
- It's helpful: Short lesson series make the material engaging and easier to absorb.
- It's convenient: Study when you want, where you want from any computer or mobile device.
- It's flexible: Whether you learn better by reading, hearing or watching a video, we've got you covered.
- It's authoritative: Our chemistry instructors are experts who make topics understandable and fun!
Using the Course
We've designed this course so that it's easy to navigate for students who are struggling with chemistry concepts. Check out the two most popular options to decide which best fits your needs:
- Start at the beginning with the history of chemistry, and advance through the chapters and lessons in order until you reach the last lesson on DNA replication. Lessons follow a natural progression, making this option simple to follow along.
- Identify chemistry topics you find most difficult, and skip the material you already know. If you only need to study nuclear chemistry, you can go straight to that chapter. Though some lessons might refer to topics in previous lessons, each one is designed to stand alone to make sure you get all of the info you need to understand a topic.
Simply follow these steps, and you'll be on your way to mastering chemistry!
- Start at the beginning or find the chapter subjects or lesson topics you need to learn about.
- Open a lesson and play the video.
- Test your understanding of the material using the short lesson quizzes and chapter exams.
- Ask our expert instructors questions if you need extra help learning a chemistry concept.
- Go to the next lesson in the chapter to continue learning.
- See your course progress on the chemistry remedial course page.
What You Can Learn
You can advance your chemistry knowledge and skills in the following areas:
- Essentials of chemistry, including key terms and the scientific method
- Common units of measurement in chemistry and their use in problem solving
- Chemistry lab equipment and procedures
- Properties of matter and methods of determining matter's characteristics
- Atomic structures, models, and theories
- Characteristics of groups and periods on the period table of elements
- Characteristics of representative elements by group
- Nuclear chemistry, including radioactive decay and nuclear equations
- Types of chemical bonds, compounds, and structures
- Properties and phase changes for liquids and solids
- Tools for determining and describing gases in chemistry
- Dissolution and solubility
- Chemical reactions and equations
- Acids, bases, and types of reactions
- Calculations and descriptions of equilibrium
- Chemical reactions and chemistry kinetics
- Laws and state functions of thermodynamics in chemistry
- Definitions and concepts in organic chemistry
- The chemical structure and function of DNA
- Processes of DNA replication
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 79 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 2,000 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- How Online Courses Work Video
- Tom Caswell and the Open Course Library: Making Education Truly Accessible
- CFY Is Helping to Make Digital Learning Accessible to Students, Parents and Educators
- Can Short Video Lessons Help Your ADHD Child Study Better?
- OCW People's Choice Award Winner: Most Accessible
- Fairer Access: What British Charities Are Doing for Education Accessibility
- CNA Courses with Comprehensive Course Descriptions
- Flip Your Classroom with Study.com's Engaging Video Lessons
- Online Chemistry Courses with Lab Components: How Do They Work?
- Distance Learning Courses and Degree Programs Video
- Chicago Universities Masters of Architecture
- Top Degrees for Dental Assisting - Phoenix AZ
- Sonography Degree Programs in White Plains, NY
- Programming Courses Top School for Becoming a Computer Programmer - San Francisco CA
- Health Administration Degree Top Degree Program in Healthcare Administration and Health Management - Salt Lake City UT
Explore our library of over 35,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses