- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 48
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate: Yes
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Group Behavior in Social Psychology: Definition & Influences
Course SummaryThis Group Counseling Strategies: Help & Review course offers a quick way you can support your psychology class studies, prepare for exams or reinforce your professional knowledge. Review details about therapeutic models, group counseling strategies and behavioral therapies with short video lessons.
To Start This Course Today
Try it free for 5 days
Who's It For?
Anyone who needs help understanding material from group counseling strategies will benefit from taking this course. You will be able to grasp the subject matter faster, retain critical knowledge longer and earn better grades. You're in the right place if you:
- Have fallen behind in understanding group dynamics, ethical issues raised by group counseling, theories of psychoanalytic therapy, or any other group counseling topic.
- Need an efficient way to learn group counseling strategies.
- Learn best with engaging auditory and visual tools.
- Struggle with learning disabilities or learning differences, including autism and ADHD.
- Experience difficulty understanding your teachers.
- Missed class time and need to catch up.
- Can't access extra learning resources at school to help you learn group counseling strategies.
How It Works:
- Start at the beginning, or identify the topics that you need help with.
- Watch and learn from fun videos, reviewing as needed.
- Refer to the video transcripts to reinforce your learning.
- Confirm your understanding through lesson quizzes and chapter exams.
- Submit questions to one of our instructors for personalized support if you need extra help.
Why It Works:
- Study Efficiently: Skip what you know, review what you don't.
- Retain What You Learn: Engaging animations and real-life examples make topics easy to grasp.
- Be Ready on Test Day: Use the Group Counseling Strategies final exam to be prepared.
- Get Extra Support: Ask our subject-matter experts any relevant question. They're here to help!
- Study With Flexibility: Watch videos on any web-ready device.
In this course, you'll learn the answers to questions including:
- What kinds of behaviors are typical in groups?
- What is the history of group counseling?
- How do group members communicate?
- Are there stages in the group counseling experience?
- How is conflict managed in groups?
- Are there requirements for licensing or certification for group counselors?
- What ethical and legal issues are raised by group counseling?
- What is the psychodynamic model?
- Who are Freud, Erikson, Jung and Adler and what were their contributions to group counseling theory and therapy?
- What is the Gestalt approach to therapy?
- Who is Carl Rogers and what is his person-centered therapy?
- What are the behavioral, cognitive and cognitive-behavioral theories and therapies?
- Does gender make a difference in therapy?
- What is multicultural counseling?
- How do you counsel special populations?
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 95 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 2,000 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Community Counseling Courses and Classes
- Can Short Video Lessons Help Your ADHD Child Study Better?
- What Can You Do With a Masters in Professional Counseling?
- Certificate in Counseling Psychology with Course Summaries
- Grief Counseling Course and Class Overviews
- Chemical Dependency Counseling Courses and Classes
- Online Degree in Professional Counseling with Course Information
- Online Courses and Training Programs in Counseling Psychology
- Online Substance Abuse Counseling Courses and Classes
- Online Mental Health Counseling Courses and Classes
Explore our library of over 55,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses