- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 89
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate: Yes
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1IELTS General Training Test: Structure & Scoring
Course SummaryIf you're planning to take the IELTS General Training exam, work through this test prep course to make sure you're fully prepared. This self-paced course contains entertaining lessons and self-assessment quizzes that cover the English language topics you'll be tested on.
To Start This Course Today
Try it free for 5 days
|Course Progress||Best Score|
|Lesson 1 - IELTS Listening Question Types|
About This Course
Work through this course at your on pace to review all of the topics that appear on the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) General Training exam. The course's bite-sized lessons help you strengthen your English proficiency and better understand the exam's format and tasks. The lessons in this course cover the following:
- IELTS General Training test information
- IELTS General Training essay and letter writing
- The IELTS Speaking section
- Reading and listening tasks on the IELTS exam
- Fundamental reading and listening skills
- Writing with coherence and cohesion
- Basic sentence structure rules
- Grammar accuracy and range
- Lexical resources
About the Exam
The IELTS General Training exam is geared toward individuals who plan on studying, working or training in English speaking countries. Some countries require the General Training exam as a migration requirement. There are 4 sections on the General Training exam, and you'll complete the Listening, Reading and Writing components on the same day. You may take the Speaking component a week before or after the other sections. The test's total duration is 2 hours and 45 minutes.
IELTS General Training Exam Preparation & Registration
This course makes your IELTS test preparation experience easy and convenient. These bite-sized lessons break down English language concepts in an easy-to-understand and simple manner. Each lesson comes with a short self-assessment quiz, and each chapter concludes with a comprehensive exam to help you reinforce your understanding of the material. If you have any questions about the material, you can easily reach out to our expert instructors who will be happy to assist you. You're also encouraged to take the course's final assessment to make sure you're fully prepared for the IELTS General Training exam.
To register for the test, you'll need to locate your nearest IELTS test location on the IELTS website. Once you find your testing center, you'll be able to complete the online registration process. You'll then receive a confirmation of your booked test location and date. Be sure to bring your correct identification documents when you arrive at your testing center. You'll receive a Test Report Form approximately two weeks after taking the exam. Your test scores will also be available online.
The IELTS General Training exam is administered by the International English Language Testing System, which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 95 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 2,000 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Should I Work in Human Resources? - Quiz & Self-Assessment Test
- Should I Be an English Teacher? - Quiz & Self-Assessment Test
- Self-Paced Distance Learning: How Does IT Work?
- Should I Become a Detective? - Quiz & Self-Assessment Test
- Should I Become a Therapist? - Quiz & Self-Assessment Test
- Should I Become a Paramedic? - Quiz & Self-Assessment Test
- Should I Become an Anesthesiologist? - Quiz & Self-Assessment Test
- Should I Become an Actuary? - Quiz & Self-Assessment Test
- Should I Become a Nutritionist? - Quiz & Self-Assessment Test
- Should I Become a Chiropractor? - Quiz & Self-Assessment Test
Explore our library of over 55,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses