- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 55
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
- New lessons are still being added
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1What is Internal Friction? - Definition, Angle & Coefficient
Course SummaryThis course contains text and video lessons that can help prospective engineering students learn about the basics of engineering and engineering principles. Our Introduction to Engineering course provides comprehensive overviews of essential engineering topics, including engineering processes and tools, pressure and tolerance.
To Start This Course Today
Try it free for 5 days
About This Course
Familiarize yourself with the basic principles and elements used in engineering with these engaging lessons. This course is divided into multiple chapters that include text and video lessons designed to help you review topics commonly found in an introduction to engineering course. Each lesson has been constructed by an experienced instructor who will share his or her expertise with you in a convenient online format.
The lessons in this course have several different uses and can be helpful for:
- Current professionals looking to brush up on some of the engineering basics.
- Students enrolled in an introductory engineering course seeking to improve their studies or aid in their homework or test prep.
- Engineering instructors looking for resources and ideas for an introduction to engineering course.
- Casual learners interested in teaching themselves engineering basics on their own time and implementing projects in their homes.
- Engineering materials and properties
- Stress and strain
- Temperature and heat
- Engineering tools and processes
- Pressure and tolerance in engineering
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 79 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 2,000 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Overview of Engineering Design Courses
- What Is Hydrological Engineering?
- Architectural Engineering Courses and Classes
- Professional Engineering Classes and Courses
- Audio Engineering Courses and Classes Overview
- Robotic Engineering Courses and Classes Overview
- PC Engineering Courses and Classes Overview
- Telephone Engineering Courses and Classes Overview
- Building Engineering Courses and Classes Overview
Explore our library of over 30,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses