Course SummaryThe lessons in this course provide an overview of the textile industry, including the basics of fabrics, fibers, and techniques, while also highlighting important historical context and cultural differences. Use this course to improve your ability to discuss this industry for your career or classwork.
To Start This Course Today
Try it free for 5 days
About This Course
This introductory course gives an overview of essential aspects of the textile industry. The short lessons focus on subjects such as fabrics, techniques, industry types, and the international textile industry. The interactive quizzes allow you to track your progress and knowledge as you make your way through the course.
This course is useful to students, teachers and professionals in the textile industry as well as the casual learner.
- Professionals may build new workplace skills by reviewing these topics and may be able to use these lessons in professional development or certification renewal requirements.
- Students can navigate these chapters easily to help supplement test prep or coursework resources.
- Teachers can incorporate these lessons into their curriculum, assign them as homework or use the quizzes to monitor student learning.
- Casual learners may enjoy ease and convenience provided by the mobile-ready format of each lesson.
- Textile basics
- Fibers and fabrics
- Textile techniques
- History of textiles
- Textiles of different countries and cultures
- Overview ofhe textile industry
- Types of textile industries
- The textile industry around the world
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 79 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 2,000 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Textile Courses and Classes Overview
- Telecommunications Industry Career Information
- Online Courses and Training for a Fiber Optics Related Career
- Home Improvement Classes and Courses Overview
- Travel Industry Degrees: Program Overviews
- Careers in the Greenhouse Industry: Options and Requirements
- Travel Industry Careers with Training Requirements
- Airline Industry Careers: Options and Requirements
- Careers in the Communication Industry: Options and Requirements
- Online Textile Course Information
Explore our library of over 35,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses