- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 100
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate: Yes
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Management in Organizations: Top, Middle & Low-Level Managers
Course SummaryBroaden your career potential or improve your leadership knowledge by reviewing information in this Leadership Study Guide course. This is a quick and easy way to review leadership theories and styles, change and conflict management approaches, and motivation techniques that could improve your grades or advancement opportunities.
To Start This Course Today
Try it free for 5 days
Who's It For?
Anyone who needs help understanding leadership material will benefit from taking this course. You will be able to grasp the subject matter faster, retain critical knowledge longer and earn better grades. You're in the right place if you:
- Have fallen behind in understanding functions of management, leadership theories, styles of leadership, issues in human resources, diversity in the workplace, or any other leadership topic.
- Need an efficient way to learn about leadership.
- Learn best with engaging auditory and visual tools.
- Struggle with learning disabilities or learning differences, including autism and ADHD.
- Experience difficulty understanding your teachers.
- Missed class time and need to catch up.
- Can't access extra business learning resources at school.
How It Works:
- Start at the beginning, or identify the topics that you need help with.
- Watch and learn from fun videos, reviewing as needed.
- Refer to the video transcripts to reinforce your learning.
- Confirm your understanding through lesson quizzes and chapter exams.
- Submit questions to one of our instructors for personalized support if you need extra help.
Why It Works:
- Study Efficiently: Skip what you know, review what you don't.
- Retain What You Learn: Engaging animations and real-life examples make topics easy to grasp.
- Be Ready on Test Day: Use the Leadership Study Guide final exam to be prepared.
- Get Extra Support: Ask our subject-matter experts any relevant question. They're here to help!
- Study With Flexibility: Watch videos on any web-ready device.
In this course, you'll learn the answers to questions including:
- What are the functions of management?
- How do I define leadership?
- How do I identify power tactics in organizational behavior?
- What are the various theories of leadership?
- What are the characteristics of certain leadership styles?
- What types of approaches can a manager use to motivate employees?
- How do managers influence employees?
- What are the stages of group development?
- What is groupthink?
- How do organizations resolve conflict?
- What models are used to create internal organizational change?
- What types of employee training methods and programs do organizations employ?
- How do organizations address diversity in the workplace?
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 95 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 2,000 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- How Are Leadership Theory and Styles Related to Employee Motivation?
- Communications Leadership Education and Career Information
- Career Information for a Degree in Educational Leadership
- Master of Arts in Management and Leadership
- Master's Degree in Instructional Leadership with Career Information
- How Study.com Helps You Improve Your Grades
- MBA in Leadership Studies: Degree Overview
- Online Doctor of Management in Organizational Leadership
- Business Leadership Courses and Classes Overview
- PhD in Organizational Leadership Program Information
Explore our library of over 70,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses