- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 58
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate: Yes
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Early Brain Development: Major Parts & Functions
Course SummaryMake learning about neuroanatomy easier and fun by using this Neuroanatomy: Help and Review course. Short video lessons simplify complex topics, such as brain anatomy, neuron functions and neurological disorders, so you can be better prepared for class discussions or to take quizzes or exams.
To Start This Course Today
Try it free for 5 days
Who's It For?
Anyone who needs help understanding material from neuroanatomy will benefit from taking this course. You will be able to grasp the subject matter faster, retain critical knowledge longer and earn better grades. You're in the right place if you:
- Have fallen behind in understanding brain anatomy, neuron structure and functions, the nervous system, neuroplasticity, or any other neuroanatomy topic.
- Need an efficient way to learn neuroanatomy.
- Learn best with engaging auditory and visual tools.
- Struggle with learning disabilities or learning differences, including autism and ADHD.
- Experience difficulty understanding your teachers.
- Missed class time and need to catch up.
- Can't access extra human anatomy learning resources at school.
How It Works:
- Start at the beginning, or identify the topics that you need help with.
- Watch and learn from fun videos, reviewing as needed.
- Refer to the video transcripts to reinforce your learning.
- Confirm your understanding through lesson quizzes and chapter exams.
- Submit questions to one of our instructors for personalized support if you need extra help.
Why It Works:
- Study Efficiently: Skip what you know, review what you don't.
- Retain What You Learn: Engaging animations and real-life examples make topics easy to grasp.
- Be Ready on Test Day: Use the Neuroanatomy final exam to be prepared.
- Get Extra Support: Ask our subject-matter experts any relevant question. They're here to help!
- Study With Flexibility: Watch videos on any web-ready device.
In this course, you'll learn the answers to questions including:
- How is the brain affected during early development?
- What is the right brain/left brain connection?
- What is the gross anatomy of the brain and the functions of each part?
- How do neurons function and what are the different types?
- What makes up the nervous system?
- How do messages travel from receptors to your brain?
- Why do certain medications ease pain?
- What is neuroplasticity?
- Why is exercise good for your brain?
- How are neurological conditions recognized?
- What are some common neurological disorders and what tests help identify them?
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 95 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 2,000 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Can Short Video Lessons Help Your ADHD Child Study Better?
- Educational Videos Help Teacher to Make Online Courses More Engaging
- Easy Steps You Can Take to Help Students Appreciate Math
- 5 Learning Tools for Middle Schoolers to Make Your Life Easier As a Teacher
- Anatomy Courses and Classes Overview
- Technology Makes Better Teachers?
- How Video Games Help Children with ADHD Study & Have Fun
- Distance Learning Airport Security Management Course and Class Reviews
- How Teachers Use Video Lessons to Help ADHD Students Learn
Explore our library of over 55,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses