Course SummaryReview specific psychology concepts with this Positive Psychology Study Guide course. These lessons provide a fun and easy way to brush up on information about emotions, human needs and psychosocial health to help you gain a better understanding of topics you might be covering in psychology class or prepare for an upcoming test.
To Start This Course Today
Try it free for 5 days
Who's It For?
Anyone who needs help understanding material from positive psychology will benefit from taking this course. You will be able to grasp the subject matter faster, retain critical knowledge longer and earn better grades. You're in the right place if you:
- Have fallen behind in understanding well-being, optimism, eustress, resiliance, self-efficacy, locus of control, self-determination and emotional intelligence, or any other positive psychology topic.
- Need an efficient way to learn psychology.
- Learn best with engaging auditory and visual tools.
- Struggle with learning disabilities or learning differences, including autism and ADHD.
- Experience difficulty understanding your teachers.
- Missed class time and need to catch up.
- Can't access extra psychology learning resources at school.
How It Works:
- Start at the beginning, or identify the topics that you need help with.
- Watch and learn from fun videos, reviewing as needed.
- Refer to the video transcripts to reinforce your learning.
- Confirm your understanding through lesson quizzes and chapter exams.
- Submit questions to one of our instructors for personalized support if you need extra help.
Why It Works
- Study Efficiently:Skip what you know, review what you don't.
- Retain What You Learn:Engaging animations and real-life examples make topics easy to grasp.
- Be Ready on Test Day:Use the Positive Psychology final exam to be prepared.
- Get Extra Support:Ask our subject matter experts any relevant questions. They're here to help!
- Study With Flexibility:Watch videos on any web-ready device.
In this course, you'll learn the answers to questions including:
- How are emotions expressed differently in different cultures?
- What does research say about the things that make people happy?
- What is meant by psychosocial health?
- How is it that stress can sometimes be a good thing?
- What is meant by successful aging?
- How did research with dogs teach us about human depression?
- What's the difference between self-efficacy and self-concept?
- Why is social-cognitive learning important in positive psychology?
- What is meant by positive organizational scholarship?
- Who is Abraham Maslow and what is his hierarchy of needs?
- How do morals and values play a role in human well-being?
- What are some ways of coping exhibited mostly by older people?
- How does achievement look different at different stages of life?
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 95 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 2,000 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Abnormal Psychology Course and Class Information
- Clinical Psychology Class and Course Information
- Intro to Psychology CLEP Study Guide and Practice Tests
- Online Courses and Classes in Behavioral Psychology
- Organizational Psychology Courses and Classes Overview
- Business Psychology Courses and Classes Overview
- Criminal Psychology Courses and Classes Overview
- Psychology Graduate Classes and Courses Overview
- Child Psychology Course and Class Descriptions
- Health Psychology Major: Information and Requirements
Explore our library of over 55,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses