Course SummaryRefresh and possibly increase your knowledge of the topics on the Praxis Geography test by completing this course. These preparation materials include instruction and assessments.
To Start This Course Today
Try it free for 5 days
About This Course
This course will help you prepare to take the Praxis Geography test. It is a comprehensive course and offers a streamlined method of study; all concepts that are on the Praxis are discussed in the lessons. You will learn about the following:
- Tools and concepts of geography
- Geography: physical, human and regional
- Environmental change & society
- Plant & animal domestication
About the Exam
Praxis tests are required by various state education agencies and taken by prospective educators to acquire initial licensure. Praxis tests are administered via computer unless a test taker has been approved for specific modifications. The Geography Praxis has five content categories and is composed of selected-response questions. The criteria for a passing score varies by state, institution, and association.
Preparing & Registering for the Praxis Geography Test
Using this study guide gives you the chance to review the content of the Praxis Geography test in one place. The concise lessons provide meaningful instruction created by field experts. In the lessons, you will learn about the geography of different areas, and how geography and politics interact. You go over the interaction between an area's geography and its plants, animals and people. Take the assessment quizzes to see if you have retained information from the lessons.
Praxis tests can be taken at test centers internationally, including Prometric centers, universities, and other locations. Testing windows vary by state. You can register online, by mail, or over the phone (with an additional fee). The day of the test, you must have your admissions ticket, which can be printed from the test website. You must have an approved form of identification and arrive at least 30 minutes prior to the beginning of the test.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 95 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 2,000 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- GED Classes with Test Preparation Material Information
- GED Books and Study Materials for Test Preparation
- List of Free Online Geography Courses and Educational Materials
- RN Refresher Course Information
- Corrections Officer Test Preparation and Tips
- Nursing Refresher Courses and Classes Overview
- EMT Refresher Course Descriptions
- Paramedic Refresher Course Descriptions
- EMT Refresher Courses in NYC with School Options
- Online RN Refresher Course Information
Explore our library of over 55,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses