- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 89
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate: Yes
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Counseling as a Profession: Types of Counselors
Course SummaryWhether you're interested in boosting your psychology class studies or reinforcing your knowledge for an exam, you'll find this Psychotherapy Approaches: Help & Review course to be a great resource. You can review short video lessons to increase your understanding of psychotherapy counseling practices and theories.
To Start This Course Today
Try it free for 5 days
Who's It For?
Anyone who needs help understanding material about psychotherapy approaches will benefit from taking this course. You will be able to grasp the subject matter faster, retain critical knowledge longer and earn better grades. You're in the right place if you:
- Have fallen behind in understanding the profession of counseling, the psychodynamic model, humanistic and existential approaches, behavioral and cognitive approaches, group and family therapy, or any other psychotherapy topic.
- Need an efficient way to learn psychotherapy approaches.
- Learn best with engaging auditory and visual tools.
- Struggle with learning disabilities or learning differences, including autism and ADHD.
- Experience difficulty understanding your teachers.
- Missed class time and need to catch up.
- Can't access extra psychotherapy learning resources at school.
How It Works:
- Start at the beginning, or identify the topics that you need help with.
- Watch and learn from fun videos, reviewing as needed.
- Refer to the video transcripts to reinforce your learning.
- Confirm your understanding through lesson quizzes and chapter exams.
- Submit questions to one of our instructors for personalized support if you need extra help.
Why It Works:
- Study Efficiently: Skip what you know, review what you don't.
- Retain What You Learn: Engaging animations and real-life examples make topics easy to grasp.
- Be Ready on Test Day: Use the psychotherapy approaches final exam to be prepared.
- Get Extra Support: Ask our subject-matter experts any relevant question. They're here to help!
- Study With Flexibility: Watch videos on any web-ready device.
In this course, you'll learn the answers to questions including:
- What are the different types of counselors?
- How is an initial counseling session conducted?
- What is the evidence that treatment is effective?
- How influential was Freud's psychoanalytic theory and therapy?
- What are the different kinds of psychoanalytic theories?
- Who was Abraham Maslow and what is the humanistic movement?
- How does existential therapy differ from humanistic therapy?
- What is the behavioral model and how does it explain abnormal functioning?
- Who were the important figures in the development of behavioral theories and therapies?
- What is the cognitive model of therapy?
- How does cognitive-behavioral therapy combine elements of two different models?
- What is the sociocultural model of abnormal functioning?
- What are the important approaches to group counseling?
- Who is a candidate for family counseling?
- What is Gestalt therapy?
- What are some of the other important therapeutic approaches?
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 79 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 2,000 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Can Short Video Lessons Help Your ADHD Child Study Better?
- Psychotherapy Degree Program Overviews
- Financial Examiner Course and Class Reviews
- Online German Courses and Classes Review
- Online Cryptography Course and Class Reviews
- Online Merchandising Course and Class Reviews
- Online Banking Classes and Courses Review
- Online Japanese Courses and Classes Review
- Providence College Video Review
- University of Tennessee Video Review
Explore our library of over 35,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses