- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 71
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate: Yes
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Applicant Requirements for the QTS Numeracy Skills Test
Course SummaryThe Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) Professional Skills Test in Numeracy is designed to assess the core competencies of teachers. Use these brief video lessons, multiple-choice quizzes, and a practice test to refresh your understanding of topics covered.
To Start This Course Today
Try it free for 5 days
9 chapters in QTS Professional Skills Test - Numeracy: Practice & Test Prep
About This Course
This course helps you prepare for the Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) Professional Skills Test in Numeracy by improving your understanding of topics covered. You will review mental math, word problems, basic math operations, and more. Our brief video lessons and self-assessment quizzes are separated by topic and include helpful details that will assist you with passing the test. Use this course to assess your understanding of the following:
- Basic math operations and mental math
- Fractions, decimals, and percentages
- Proportions, ratios, and averages
- Understanding graphs and charts
- Interpreting and analyzing data sets
- Units, measurements, and conversions
- Mathematics of money
- Solving word problems
About the Test
All teachers in the UK are required to pass the QTS Professional Skills Test in Numeracy prior to teaching. Passing the test demonstrates that you possess the core competencies required to teach. The test consists of two sections: mental arithmetic and written arithmetic/data (the written section includes both written arithmetic and written data).
Part one of the test consists of 12 mental arithmetic questions presented by audio using headphones. Part two consists of 16 written questions presented on-screen. The test will last for about 48 minutes, unless specific arrangements have been requested and approved. Total time at the testing location can be up to 90 minutes. Numerical skills tests are not identical and are scored using a benchmark test. Subsequently, pass marks will vary depending upon difficulty level. Test results are provided electronically within 48 hours.
QTS Professional Skills Test - Numeracy Preparation and Registration
This course provides an opportunity for you to study for the QTS Professional Skills Test in Numeracy at your own pace. You can navigate the learning process by studying the lessons in the order of your preference. The lessons in this course are engaging, informative, and great for ensuring your understanding of key topics covered by the test. The short quizzes will test your knowledge of key topics and can be printed for use as a study guide. Each chapter also has a practice test, which is another way of assessing your knowledge of the information covered in the formal test.
Test registration can be handled online by visiting the UK Department of Education website. Testing sites are available throughout the UK. Before taking the test, you must present evidence that you have applied for Initial Teacher Training (ITT). You must also present 2 forms of identification.
QTS Professional Skills Test - Numeracy is a registered trademark of the UK Department of Education, which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 95 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 2,000 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- How to Become a Highly Qualified Teacher
- What Are the Praxis Core Academic Skills Tests?
- How Teachers Use Video Lessons to Help ADHD Students Learn
- What Type of Teacher Are You?
- Should I Become a Teacher? - Quiz & Self-Assessment Test
- Which Praxis Tests Does Utah Require for New Teachers?
- Professional Development Courses for Teachers
- Should I Be a History Teacher? - Quiz & Self-Assessment Test
- Should I Become a Special Education Teacher? - Quiz & Self-Assessment Test
- Should I Become an Elementary School Teacher? - Quiz & Self-Assessment Test
Explore our library of over 55,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses