Course SummaryWhether you're struggling through algebra class or want to get a better grade, this remedial course can help you get ahead. Our short video and text lessons allow you to move at your own pace as you work on the challenging subjects so you can ace your tests and homework assignments.
To Start This Course Today
Try it free for 5 days
Students who need help with algebra topics will find this remedial course provides a simple and effective way to catch up on challenging subject matter. You'll find this course useful if you:
- Need to bring your algebra grade up
- Are trying to catch up on any missed algebra homework
- Have a hard time understanding your algebra lessons in class
- Want some extra preparation materials for an upcoming algebra exam
- Prefer self-paced learning in multiple formats (visual or auditory)
- Would like a low-pressure alternative to formal or traditional classes
You'll be able to benefit from this remedial course in several ways:
- It's helpful: Short lesson series make the material engaging and easier to absorb.
- It's convenient: Study when you want, where you want from any computer or mobile device.
- It's flexible: Whether you learn better by reading, hearing or watching a video, we've got you covered.
- It's authoritative: Our algebra instructors are experts who make topics understandable and fun!
Using the Course
We've designed this course so that it's easy to navigate for students who are struggling with algebra concepts. Check out the two most popular options to decide which best fits your needs:
- Start at the beginning with linear equations, and advance through the chapters and lessons in order until you reach the last lesson on geometric series. Lessons follow a natural progression, making this option simple to follow along.
- Identify algebra topics you find most difficult, and skip the material you already know. If you only need to study inequalities, you can go straight to that chapter. Though some lessons might refer to topics in previous lessons, each one is designed to stand alone to make sure you get all of the info you need to understand a topic.
Simply follow these steps, and you'll be on your way to mastering algebra!
- Start at the beginning or find the chapter subjects or lesson topics you need to learn about.
- Open a lesson and play the video.
- Test your understanding of the material using the short lesson quizzes and chapter exams.
- Ask our expert instructors questions if you need extra help learning an algebra concept.
- Go to the next lesson in the chapter to continue learning.
- See your course progress on the algebra remedial course page.
What You Can Learn
You can advance your algebra knowledge and skills in the following areas:
- Writing and using linear equations
- Matrices and resolving absolute value equations
- Graphing inequalities
- Parabolas, binomials, and the FOIL method of problem solving
- Imaginary numbers
- Mathematical operations using exponents and polynomials
- Solving rational equations
- Composing and applying functions
- Exponential functions and logarithms
- Applying the binomial theorem
- Classifying and calculating mathematical series
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 95 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 2,000 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Can Short Video Lessons Help Your ADHD Child Study Better?
- Online Classes Helped ME Get Ahead in College
- How an IEP Can Help Your ADHD Kid Do Better on Tests
- Careers That Allow You to Work From Home
- How Online Courses Work Video
- How Teachers Use Video Lessons to Help ADHD Students Learn
- Self-Paced Distance Learning: How Does IT Work?
- Music Video Director Courses and Classes
- Digital Video Courses and Classes Overview
- Video Production Courses and Classes Overview
Explore our library of over 55,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses