Course SummaryThe Special Tertiary Admissions Test (STAT) is used by institutions in Australia to assist with the process of selecting students for various academic programs. This course can improve your understanding of topics covered in the test through concise and engaging lessons, multiple-choice quizzes, and a practice exam.
To Start This Course Today
Try it free for 5 days
9 chapters in Special Tertiary Admissions Test (STAT): Test Prep & Practice
About This Course
Taking this course can help prepare you for the Special Tertiary Admissions Test (STAT) by strengthening your understanding of topics involving verbal/critical and quantitative reasoning. You'll review language comprehension, essay writing, problem solving, and more. Our information-packed video lessons and self-assessment quizzes are organized by topic and easy to follow. You can use this course as a quick way to refresh your memory of the following:
- Effective use of verbal and critical reasoning skills
- Comprehending language and using it in essay writing
- Writing and structuring different types of essays
- Analyzing and interpreting passages, sets, charts, and graphs
- Rules and tips for use of punctuation, spelling, and grammar
- Quantitative problem-solving and mathematical principles
About the Exam
The Special Tertiary Admissions Test (STAT) is used throughout Australia for admissions into a range of institutions. Each individual institution determines who is required to take the STAT. The test is two hours, plus ten minutes for reading time. There are 70 multiple-choice questions; half are verbal/critical reasoning questions and the other half are quantitative reasoning questions.
Special Tertiary Admissions Test (STAT) Preparation and Registration
This course allows you to study for the Special Tertiary Admissions Test (STAT) at your convenience and desired pace. You can also tailor your studies and focus only on specific subjects. The short and effective lessons in this course help to make sure you understand topics covered by the STAT. The assessment quizzes measure your knowledge of key topics and can also be printed so that you can study offline. Each chapter is accompanied by a practice exam, which can serve as an additional way to assess your knowledge, understanding, and readiness for the test.
Test registration is through the organization listed for your state, which can be found on the Australian Council for Educational Research website. Testing sites are available throughout Australia, and testing for candidates outside of Australia is available by remote proctoring.
Special Tertiary Admissions Test (STAT) is a registered trademark of the Australian Council for Educational Research (ACER), which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 95 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 2,000 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- The Most Engaging Free Courses: Study.com's People's Choice Award Winner
- Test Optional Admissions: Benefiting Schools, Students, or Both?
- MOUS Test and Exam Information
- GED Practice Test Online with Example GED Practice Test Questions
- Nursing Student Uses Free Course to Test Out of Prerequisites
- People's Choice Nominees: Best Test Prep
- Best Test Prep, People's Choice Awards
- EMT Test and Exam Information with Tips
- What Are the Praxis Core Academic Skills Tests?
- GED Practice Test: Easy Ways to Practice the GED Test
Explore our library of over 55,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses