- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 62
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
- New lessons are still being added
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Tudor Revival Architecture: Characteristics & History
Course SummaryLearn all about different architectural styles using our detailed study guide. You can quickly review modern, Gothic, colonial and many other styles before taking an exam, in preparation for class discussions or simply to fulfill your own personal interest.
To Start This Course Today
Try it free for 5 days
About This Course
This resource provides a quick and easy way to go over different architectural styles. The lessons contained in this course address a wide range of architectural styles, from ancient to modern. Our instructors guide you through the different types of architecture using plenty of examples and detailed definitions. They'll explain key characteristics of each style and detail when and how these styles were used. This material is presented through short, engaging lessons. The lessons are accompanied by brief self-assessment quizzes you can use to determine how much you have taken away from each lesson and whether you need further review of any topic.
From architecture students to professionals, many different types of learners can find these lessons useful.
- Students looking to supplement their classroom materials, get help with research projects or expand their understanding of specific architecture styles.
- Art or architecture instructors can use these resources to supplement their curriculum. These lessons can be shown in class and can offer a starting point for discussions.
- Professionals interested in learning more about specific architectural styles can use these resources for inspiration or reference purposes.
- Casual learners can use this course to learn more about architectural styles they might have seen in their own cities or cities they have visited.
- Overview of architectural styles
- Aspects of architectural styles used in ancient empires
- Characteristics of art nouveau, Baroque, neoclassical and Gothic architectural styles
- Colonial, European and Rococo architectural styles
- Details about Revival and Renaissance Revival architecture
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 95 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 2,000 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Write in Style: Overview of Popular Style Guides
- ADHD & Learning Styles: Understanding How Your Child Learns
- 3 Examples of Teachers Who Used Personalized Learning in the Classroom
- Back to School - Green Style
- Bad Grades Last Semester? Find Your Study Style and Raise Your GPA
- CPR Classes with Detailed Course Information
- Taking Classes After College? But Why?!
- Online Landscape Architecture Course and Class Reviews
- Carpentry Classes Available with Detailed Class Descriptions
- Top AP Exam Study Guides and Resources
Explore our library of over 55,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses