Course SummaryDeepen your understanding of concepts and issues in applied ethics using this comprehensive study guide. This course is designed to cover all of the topics you could be tested on when taking the UExcel Ethics - Theory and Practice exam.
To Start This Course Today
Try it free for 5 days
About This Course
By studying this comprehensive guide for just a few weeks, you can easily earn three college credits in applied ethics through the UExcel Ethics - Theory and Practice exam. Study at your own pace and whenever it's most convenient for you with 24/7 accessibility to the lessons in this course.
In this course, you can explore detailed information about ethical values, morality and ethical issues in areas of health, business and social practices. You can also study theories and approaches regarding ethical behavior and concepts. This resource is an effective and convenient way to for the UExcel Ethics - Theory & Practice exam.
Syllabus & Course Information
This course offers a fully developed resource to prepare for the UExcel Ethics - Theory and Practice exam. Through the course's informative lessons and practice quizzes and tests, you'll achieve mastery of the objectives found on the exam. After you've worked through the course, you'll be able to:
- Understand moral principles and ethics theories
- Relate the philosophical aspects of ethics
- Provide details about moral dilemmas and development
- List ethical issues in personal and social behavior, such as sexuality, gender identity and human rights
- Discuss ethics in the medical and health fields, including patient rights, genetics and abortion
- Detail facts about business ethics in management, employee rights, conduct and other areas
- Describe ethics in environmental issues
This is an introductory course and there are no prerequisites.
This course contains 7 individual chapters that contain text and video lessons that last 5-10 minutes apiece. Each lesson has a brief self-assessment quiz so you can measure what you have learned and determine if you need further study. A final exam measures your overall understanding and your readiness to take the UExcel Ethics - Theory & Practice exam.
UExcel Ethics - Theory & Practice Exam Information
The UExcel Ethics - Theory & Practice exam tests you on material found in a standard applied ethics college course. Students can transfer the credit earned by passing this exam and use it toward satisfying degree requirements.
- Number of Questions: 110 questions
- Question Type: Mostly multiple choice
- Time Limit: 3 hours
- Number of Credits: 3 credits
- Exam Cost: $355
UExcel Ethics - Theory & Practice Exam Breakdown
|UExcel Exam Concept||Percent of the UExcel Exam||Approximate Number of Questions||Chapter Lessons|
|Basic Theories, Basic Concepts||17%||18 questions||23|
|Metaethics, Moral Deliberation||16%||17 questions||10|
|Social & Personal Issues||16%||17 questions||15|
|Medical Issues||17%||18 questions||15|
|Professional & Business Issues||17%||18 questions||26|
|Environmental Issues||17%||18 questions||5|
Earn UExcel Credit
You can earn three transferrable college credits toward your degree requirements when taking the UExcel Ethics - Theory & Practice exam. This can help you save money on tuition costs and even complete your degree in a shorter amount of time.
Study Schedule for the UExcel Introduction to Microeconomics Exam
This course consists of about 12 and a half hours of instruction. Since lessons are accessible from any device, at any time, you can create your own study schedule and learn at your own pace. Determine when you'll be ready for the exam by using the time table below.
|Study Frequency||When You'll Be Ready for the Exam|
|3 hours a day; 3 days a week||about 1.5 weeks|
|2 hours a day; 3 days a week||2 weeks|
|1 hour a day; 3 days a week||4 weeks|
UExcel is a registered trademark of Excelsior College, which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 79 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 2,000 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Medical Ethics Class and Course Descriptions
- Intro to Psychology CLEP Study Guide and Practice Tests
- Online Medical Ethics Courses and Classes Overview
- Online Biomedical Ethics Class and Course Information
- Online Ethics Course and Class Descriptions with Program Info
- Online Business Ethics Training Courses and Education Programs
- CNA Courses with Comprehensive Course Descriptions
- Ethics Degree and Certificate Programs
- PhD in Ethics Program Information
Explore our library of over 35,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses