- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 170
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate: Yes
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1What is Geography? - Definition, Facts & Types
Course SummaryIf you're planning to take the VCE Geography exam, use this convenient test prep course to review all of the geography terms and concepts you'll need to know. The course contains short lessons and practice quizzes to help you study essential geography topics and earn the best score you can.
To Start This Course Today
Try it free for 5 days
About This Course
To help you get ready for the Victorian Certificate of Education (VCE) Geography exam, we've created this self-paced test prep resource. Using short and fun video lessons taught by expert instructors, the course helps you quickly review the geography topics you'll be tested on, including mapping trends, natural hazards, biomes, population dynamics and much more. The course also comes with plenty of self-assessments to help you master the material. You can expect to study the following topics that appear on the test:
- Geography fundamentals
- Maps and fieldwork reports
- Mapping trends and regions
- Natural, biological, technological and hydro-meteorological hazards
- Tourism characteristics and impacts
- Terrestrial and aquatic biomes
- Land cover and use changes
- Population dynamics, issues and challenges
About the Exam
The geography component of the Victorian Certificate of Education (VCE) measures student competency in four geography units (hazards and disasters, tourism, changing the land, and human population trends and issues). The end-of-the-year geography assessment has 100 marks allocated and must be completed in 2 hours. The paper-based exam consists of short and extended-answer questions.
VCE Geography Exam Preparation & Registration
As you work through this course, you'll review all of the VCE Geography subjects. Study at your own pace and check your understanding of the material with the included self-assessment quizzes and chapter exams. Because this course is available 24/7, you'll be able to study whenever it fits your schedule. Use the course Dashboard to navigate to specific topics and print the lesson transcripts to supplement your studying experience. You can also reach out to our instructors if you have any questions. When you're finished with the course, take the final assessment to make sure you're fully prepared for the VCE Geography exam.
The VCE is a secondary education certificate that's awarded to secondary students in Victoria, Australia who've completed at least 16 academic units in a variety of subjects, including geography. The VCE Geography exam date will be determined by the Victorian Curriculum Assessment Authority (VCAA). Consult the VCE website for specific information regarding your academic requirements and plans to complete your VCE units.
The VCE Geography exam is administered by the Victorian Curriculum and Assessment Authority, which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 95 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 2,000 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Online Geography Courses Overview
- Geography Course and Class Descriptions
- Masters Degree in Geography with Course Summaries
- List of Free Online Geography Courses and Educational Materials
- The Compass Test: What You Need to Know
- Best Geography Programs: List of Top Schools
- Can Short Video Lessons Help Your ADHD Child Study Better?
- Top Schools with Geography Masters Programs: List of Best Schools
- Why Do I Have to Take a Capstone Course?
Explore our library of over 55,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses