Course SummaryEarn a World Conflicts Since 1900 Certificate in just a few weeks with this engaging course. Watch our video lessons and take our quizzes to earn a certificate you can use to show your competency and interest in the topic to prospective employers.
To Start This Course Today
Try it free for 5 days
About This Course
Brief video lessons with entertaining animations can help you earn a World Conflicts Since 1900 Certificate in as little as two weeks. Refresh your understanding of major conflicts, such as the two World Wars, or learn more about an area in which you may not be quite as confident, like the Indo-Pakistani Conflict.
Who's This For?
This historical input might be helpful for teachers, museum employees, researchers, or even authors. Lifelong learners may be interested in simply adding to their overall knowledge base.
There are no suggested prerequisites for this course. You can start adding to your arsenal of knowledge about world conflicts that have begun since 1900 immediately.
Benefits of the Certificate
Completing this course and earning the certificate can benefit you in a variety of ways. Consider the following uses:
- Demonstrate your commitment to continuing education
- List this course on your résumé
- Showcase your mastery of world conflicts and history
World Conflicts Since 1900 Program Breakdown
Understanding World Conflicts
You can broaden your understanding of world conflicts, touching on the nature of modern warfare, theoretical approaches to international relations and the role of the United Nations.
The First World War (1914-1918)
Review the factors leading up to World War I. Study the war's famous battles and the secret agreements and diplomatic arrangements that took place behind the scenes.
The Second World War (1939-1945)
Revisit how World War II got started and how the US became involved. Explore the monumental way in which the atomic bomb forever changed warfare.
The Cold War (1945-1991)
Study how the Soviet Union, United States and Europe had differing ideas of reconstruction after WW II, leading to the atmosphere spawning the Cold War. Learn about the birth of NATO.
The Arab-Israeli Wars (1948-present)
Increase your knowledge about the Arab-Israeli Wars, with its roots planted in anti-Semitism, Zionism and Palestinian nationalism. This chapter can help you update your knowledge up through recent developments.
The Indo-Pakistani Conflict (1947-present)
Learn how the separation of India and Pakistan was caused by the problems between the Hindus and Muslims and explore the Indo-Pakistani Wars and the Kashmir struggle. Trace the involvement of Pakistan and India in the nuclear arms race.
The Yugoslav (Balkan) Wars (1991-1999)
Strive to understand postwar Yugoslavia's dynamics as you investigate the Ten Days War, the Croatian War of Independence, the Bosnian War, the Kosovo War and the concept of ethnic cleansing.
Conflict in the Middle East & the War on Terror (1980-present)
Revisit the conflict in the Middle East by looking at religion's role in Middle East conflicts, the Iran-Iraq War, the Gulf War and the War in Afghanistan. Revisit the 9/11 terrorist attack and the War on Terror.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 95 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 2,000 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Teacher Certification Video: Earning a Teaching Certification or Teaching Credential
- CPR Certified Technician: How to Earn Your Certification
- Will Getting an HR Certification Help You Earn More Money?
- How Long Does IT Take To Earn A BSN?
- IV Certified Technician: How Can I Earn My IV Certification?
- Is Earning HR Certification Worth My Time & Money?
- The Benefits of Earning Dual Certification As a New Teacher
- Should You Earn Your Texas Teacher Certification Online?
- Pros & Cons of Earning Your Teacher Certification in More Subjects
- Fees You Can Expect to Pay for Earning Your CA Teaching Certification
Explore our library of over 55,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses