Find courses in English composition and literature. Our efficient and effective video lessons can help you ace your high school classes and college placement/entrance exams, earn college credit or prepare for teacher certification in English language arts.
How It Works
- Choose a course: If you're a high school student, you can choose from our traditional and Common Core English courses, as well as our preparation guides for the GED, ACT, PSAT, SAT and certain states' high school exit exams. We also offer study guides for the AP and CLEP English language and literature exams. Additionally, you will find college-level English courses, teaching licensure prep guides, and certificate programs in American literature, English literature, and composition.
- Watch fun and engaging videos: Our expert English instructors have designed brief lessons that employ animations and graphics, bringing each topic to life. These videos can be watched on your laptop, tablet or mobile phone, allowing you to study from the comfort of home or on the go!
- Test yourself with practice quizzes and exams: You can gauge your knowledge throughout each of our English courses and study guides by taking our lesson-based quizzes. Additionally, each chapter culminates in a comprehensive exam.
- Get help from our expert instructors: Our English instructors are here to answer your questions.
Who Our Courses Are For
- High school or college students who have fallen behind or want to get ahead
- Students who are prepping for the AP, CLEP or another college credit-granting exam
- Prospective teachers who are preparing for state licensure or certification
- Professionals who want to enhance their resume or LinkedIn profile
- Lifelong learners who want to explore English composition or literature
Why Our Courses Work
- Self-paced learning: Take as much - or as little - time as you need to work through our courses, study guides and certificate programs. Watch the lessons and take the quizzes and exams as often as you'd like to fully absorb the information.
- Easy progress tracking: As a subscriber, you'll have a personal dashboard to track your progress through each course or study guide. Refer to this dashboard to keep up with what you've learned and what you still need to study.
- Access to thousands of online lessons: With just one subscription, you can also take courses in math, science, history and social science, among other subjects. Use these courses to boost your grades; perform your best on placement, entrance and credit-granting exams; or enhance your resume!