About This Chapter
How it works:
- Identify which concepts are covered on your essay types homework.
- Find videos on those topics within this chapter.
- Watch fun videos, pausing and reviewing as needed.
- Complete sample questions and get instant feedback.
- Finish your essay types homework with ease!
Topics from your homework you'll be able to complete:
- Narrative essays
- Descriptive essays
- Informative essays
- Persuasive essays
- Evaluative essays
1. Narrative Essay: Definition, Examples & Characteristics
Essays come in many forms. In this lesson, you'll learn all about a narrative essay, from its basic definition to the key characteristics that make for an engaging and effective essay.
2. Descriptive Essay: Definition, Examples & Characteristics
A descriptive essay allows you to paint a picture for your reader in words. Watch this video to learn more about the techniques and elements that can help you fill the picture with lots of great details.
3. Informative Essay: Definition, Examples & Structure
There are many ways to inform your reader on a topic, from comparing and contrasting to providing a simple definition. Watch this lesson to learn about informative essays and how they educate readers through different formats.
4. Evaluative Essay: Examples, Format & Characteristics
A good evaluative essay helps a writer present an opinion using criteria and evidence. Learn all about the evaluative essay and its components in this lesson.
5. Exclamatory Sentence: Definition & Examples
In this lesson, you will learn how types of sentences express specific meanings. In particular, we'll learn about exclamatory sentences and go over examples to demonstrate their importance.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 95 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 2,000 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the 9th Grade English: Homework Help Resource course
- 9th Grade English - Prose: Homework Help
- American Novels for 9th Grade: Homework Help
- American Short Stories for 9th Grade: Homework Help
- Ancient Literature for 9th Grade: Homework Help
- British Fiction for 9th Grade: Homework Help
- Contemporary Fiction for 9th Grade: Homework Help
- 9th Grade Dramatic Literature: Homework Help
- Drama for 9th Grade: Homework Help
- Poetry for 9th Grade: Homework Help
- 9th Grade Literary Terms: Homework Help
- Text Analysis and Close Reading in 9th Grade: Homework Help
- Introduction to High School Writing: Homework Help
- The Writing Process for 9th Grade: Homework Help
- Conventions in 9th Grade Writing: Grammar: Homework Help
- Using Source Materials in 9th Grade English: Homework Help
- Elements of 9th Grade Grammar: Homework Help
- 9th Grade Grammar Usage: Homework Help
- Punctuation in 9th Grade Writing: Homework Help
- American Literature for Middle Grades
- British Literature for Middle Grades