About This Chapter
About the NES Test - Summary & Learning Objectives
This series of short and convenient articles covers basic information about the National Evaluation Series (NES) test. You'll read about the test's purpose, as well as strategies that can help you prepare. These articles help you learn about the following topics:
- The purpose and format of the NES test
- NES test preparation strategies
- Passing scores for the NES test
- How to interpret NES test results
These articles can supplement your NES test preparation experience.
- They're accessible: You can learn about the NES test on any device that has an Internet connection.
- They're authoritative: The articles offer well-researched and accurate information about the NES test.
- They're convenient: The articles can be accessed at any time.
- They're useful: These articles cover important information about the test.
1. What is the NES Test?
NES stands for National Evaluation Series and refers to a group of teacher certification exams. Keep reading for more information on the different types of tests available and learn where and when you can take them.
2. NES Test Results & Passing Scores
NES exams use a scaled scoring system, and score reports are typically available within a month of your testing date. Read on for more information on scoring and reporting practices for these tests.
3. How to Prepare for the NES Test
As a future teacher who is excited about finishing your licensing requirements, you should not let worries about the NES test stand in your way. This lesson offers you plenty of preparation tips that will help you succeed.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 95 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 2,000 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the NES English Language Art (301) Test Practice & Study Guide course
- NES ELA: Structure, Analysis & Word Meanings
- NES ELA: Strategies for Acquiring New Vocabulary
- NES ELA: Influences on the English Language
- NES ELA: Figures of Speech & Meaning
- NES ELA: Reading & Comprehension Strategies
- NES ELA: Organization of Written Works
- NES ELA: Climax & Plot in Written Works
- NES ELA: Themes in Written Works
- NES ELA: Points of View in Literature
- NES ELA: Strategies for Reading Informational Texts
- NES ELA: Strategies for Reading Persuasive Texts
- NES ELA: Strategies for Reading Technical & Functional Texts
- NES ELA: Genres in Literature
- NES ELA: Analyzing & Interpreting Nonfiction
- NES ELA: Analyzing & Interpreting Literary Fiction
- NES ELA: Types of Literary Fiction
- NES ELA: Analyzing & Interpreting Literary Drama
- NES ELA: Analyzing & Interpreting Poetry
- NES ELA: Analyzing & Interpreting Prose
- NES ELA: Literature in Old English & Middle English
- NES ELA: The Renaissance in English Literature
- NES ELA: English Literature in the 17th & 18th Century
- NES ELA: Romantic Prose in English Literature
- NES ELA: The Romantic Poetry Movement
- NES ELA: Victorian Literature
- NES ELA: Turn-of-the-Century Literature
- NES ELA: Modernist Authors in English Literature
- NES ELA: Nonfiction in English Literature
- NES ELA: The Oral Tradition
- NES ELA: Noun & Verb Usage in the English Language
- NES ELA: Phrases & Clauses in English
- NES ELA: Types of Sentences in English
- NES ELA: Modifiers in the English Language
- NES ELA: Grammar Conventions
- NES ELA: Comma Rules
- NES ELA: Spelling Rules
- NES ELA: Precision & Clarity in Writing
- NES ELA: Effective Composition Writing
- NES ELA: The Writing Process
- NES ELA: Research Writing
- NES ELA: Narrative Writing Strategies
- NES ELA: Expository Writing Strategies
- NES ELA: Persuasive Writing Strategies
- NES ELA: Analytical Writing Strategies
- NES ELA: Effective Listening Strategies
- NES ELA: Public Speaking Strategies
- NES ELA: Viewing & Presenting Images