About This Chapter
How it works:
- Identify which concepts are covered on your basic arithmetic homework.
- Find videos on those topics within this chapter.
- Watch fun videos, pausing and reviewing as needed.
- Complete sample problems and get instant feedback.
- Finish your basic arithmetic homework with ease!
Topics from your homework you'll be able to complete:
- Number lines
- Binary and non-binary operations
- Signed number calculations
- Associative and commutative properties
- Multiplication property of zero
- Greatest common factors
- Least common multiples
- Parts of a graph
- Use of parentheses in math
- Algebraic vocabulary
- Order of operations
- Metric system
- Unit conversion and dimensional analysis
1. What Is a Number Line?
A number line is a visual representation of all real numbers. In this lesson, we'll learn how to identify points on a number line. We'll also practice addition and subtraction, letting the number line do all the hard work.
2. Binary and Non-Binary Operations
Binary and non-binary are two terms that might really scare you, much like an operation may scare you. But don't worry, this lesson is super fun and super easy. You'll learn the definitions of these terms and see examples of each.
3. How to Perform Addition: Steps & Examples
Addition is one of the basic operations of math. You can say that the whole of mathematics is based on addition. Without addition, we wouldn't have higher math. Watch this video to learn how to add.
4. How to Perform Subtraction: Steps & Examples
Subtraction is one of the basic operations in math. Watch this video lesson to learn how you can view and understand subtraction so that you can easily perform it.
5. How to Perform Multiplication: Steps & Examples
Multiplication, one of the basic operations of math, is important not just in elementary math but also in higher math. Watch this video lesson to learn how you can multiply with ease.
6. How to Multiply Large Numbers: Steps and Examples
After watching this video lesson you will be able to multiply any two numbers together. You will learn how to use your knowledge of multiplying smaller numbers together to multiply larger numbers with ease.
7. How to Perform Division: Steps & Examples
Watch this video lesson to learn how you can divide. Division is one of the basic operations of math. It is one of the fundamental operations that all higher mathematics depends upon.
8. Performing Long Division with Large Numbers: Steps and Examples
After watching this video lesson, you will be able to divide larger numbers. You'll learn an easy to follow procedure that you can use to divide any two numbers.
9. The Commutative Property: Definition and Examples
There are three major properties that deal with the addition and multiplication of numbers. One of those properties is the commutative property. This lesson will define and give examples of the commutative property and how it works.
10. The Associative Property: Definition and Examples
There are three basic number properties that help to form the backbone of algebra. One of those properties is the associative property. This lesson will define the associative property and give some examples of how it works.
11. The Multiplication Property of Zero: Definition & Examples
The number zero has different rules than other numbers; it behaves according to it's own unique properties. This lesson will define the multiplication property of zero and give some examples of how it works.
12. How to Find the Greatest Common Factor
If the factors of a number are the different numbers that you can multiply together to get that original number, then the greatest common factor of two numbers is just the biggest one that both have in common. See some examples of what I'm talking about here!
13. How to Find the Least Common Multiple
The least common multiple of two numbers is the smallest number that can be divided evenly by your two original numbers. See some examples of what I'm talking about here!
14. What Are the Different Parts of a Graph?
Being able to read a graph isn't just vital for an algebra class. Graphs and charts are used everywhere! We'll take a crash course on the basic x/y plane used in algebra and the fundamental vocab you need.
15. Parentheses in Math: Rules & Examples
Watch this video lesson to learn how parentheses are used in math. Learn how to read them as multiplication and how they let you know which numbers to work with first.
16. Algebra Vocabulary Terms
Watch this video lesson to learn about some basic vocabulary words that you will come across again and again in the course of your studies in algebra. After you finish this video, you should know and be able to identify each term.
17. What Is The Order of Operations in Math? - Definition & Examples
The order of operations is the steps used to simplify any mathematical expression. In this video, learn how to solve problems using these steps and easy tricks to remember them.
18. The Metric System: Units and Conversion
Just like you and your friend communicate using the same language, scientists all over the world need to use the same language when reporting the measurements they make. This language is called the metric system. In this lesson we will cover the metric units for length, mass, volume, density and temperature, and also discuss how to convert among them.
19. Unit Conversion and Dimensional Analysis
How is solving a chemistry problem like playing dominoes? Watch this lesson to find out how you can use your domino skills to solve almost any chemistry problem.
20. Arithmetic Calculations with Signed Numbers
Signed numbers are often referred to as integers. Integers include both positive and negative numbers. In this lesson, you will learn how to add, subtract, multiply, and divide integers.
21. How to Convert Square Feet to Square Yards
A lot of the conversions we do in our daily lives deal with single measures. But what happens when we must work with square measures? This lesson will focus on just that! Specifically, converting between square feet and square yards.
22. How to Convert Square Inches to Square Feet
At a young age, we learned the basic conversion that there are 12 inches in one foot, but what about square inches and square feet? In this lesson you will explore this conversion and how to apply it to real-world situations.
23. How to Estimate in Math: Definition & Concept
Learn how to use estimate values in this lesson. It can help you answer math problems that use more complicated numbers and even make it easier to split a check at the restaurant next time you are out with friends!
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 95 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 2,000 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the High School Algebra II: Homework Help Resource course
- Homework Help for Algebraic Expressions and Equations - Algebra II
- Algebra II - Real Numbers: Homework Help
- Algebra II - Complex and Imaginary Numbers Review: Homework Help
- Algebra II Homework Help: Exponents & Exponential Expressions
- Algebra II - Properties of Functions Review: Homework Help
- Algebra II - Linear Equations Review: Homework Help
- Algebra II - Systems of Linear Equations: Homework Help
- Algebra II - Inequalities Review: Homework Help
- Algebra II - Matrices and Determinants: Homework Help
- Algebra II - Absolute Value Review: Homework Help
- Algebra II - Polynomials: Homework Help
- Algebra II - Factoring: Homework Help
- Algebra II Homework Help: Quadratic Equations
- Algebra II - Rational Expressions: Homework Help
- Algebra II - Graphing and Functions: Homework Help
- Algebra II - Roots and Radical Expressions Review: Homework Help
- Algebra II - Quadratic Equations: Homework Help
- Algebra II - Exponential and Logarithmic Functions: Homework Help
- Algebra II - Conic Sections: Homework Help
- Algebra II - Sequences and Series: Homework Help
- Algebra II - Sets: Homework Help
- Algebra II - Combinatorics: Homework Help
- Algebra II Percents & Proportions: Homework Help
- Algebra II - Statistics: Homework Help
- Algebra II - Trigonometry: Homework Help