About This Chapter
Animal Habitats & Endangerment for Elementary School - Chapter Summary
In this chapter, our instructors present your elementary student with topics related to animal habitats and endangerment. These fun lessons cover why animals like dolphins, cheetahs and lions are endangered, as well as the habitats of great white sharks, bobcats and horses. Before or after reviewing the lesson, you can test your student's comprehension level using the multiple-choice quizzes that follow. If at any time your student needs assistance with the topics, feel free to reach out to a professional instructor for help.
- The habitats of dolphins, horses and the African savanna
- Why dolphins, cheetahs, penguins, sharks and lions are endangered
- What it means for a species to be endangered
- The animals of Africa that are endangered
- How endangered animals are researched
- The reasons why African and Asian elephants are endangered
- The species of monkeys, birds and frogs that are endangered
- Which animals in Asia and Canada are endangered
- Why sea turtles are endangered
Who It's For
Kids who need extra help with animal habitats and endangerment will benefit from the lessons in this chapter. There's no faster or easier way to learn about animal endangerment and habitats.
- Students who have fallen behind in understanding animal endangerment
- Students who have learning disabilities or need a little extra help learning about animal habitats and endangerment
- Students who prefer multiple ways of learning science (visual or auditory)
- Students who have missed class and need to catch up
- Students who need an efficient and convenient way to learn about animal endangerment and habitats
- Students who struggle to understand their science teachers
- Students who attend schools without extra science resources
How It Works
- Find lessons in the chapter that cover the animal endangerment topics your student needs to learn or review.
- Press play to watch the video lesson with your student or read through the text lesson.
- Review the lesson or video transcripts, emphasizing the highlighted vocab words to reinforce learning about animal habitats and endangerment.
- Test your student's understanding of each lesson with short quizzes.
- Verify your student understands animal endangerment and habitats by completing the Animal Habitats & Endangerment for Elementary School chapter exam.
1. Dolphin Habitats: Lesson for Kids
Dolphins are amazing mammals and they live in special environments. In this lesson, learn all about dolphin habitats including the temperature, type of water, and locations of these special creatures.
2. Why Are Dolphins Endangered? - Lesson for Kids
In this lesson, we'll talk about the different threats to some of the most-loved marine mammals - dolphins. Find out how people have caused harm to dolphins and what they are doing to help them!
3. Horse Habitat Facts: Lesson for Kids
With the help of humans, a horse can live in almost any habitat. But where can a horse survive all on its own? In this lesson, discover the natural habitat of one of the most beautiful and most loved creatures, the horse!
4. Why Are Cheetahs Endangered? - Lesson for Kids
In this lesson, we will explore some interesting facts about cheetahs and how their population has decreased over time. You will also have a better understanding of what endangered means and how cheetahs have become endangered animals.
5. African Savanna Lesson for Kids: Facts & Habitat
The savanna biome covers about half of the continent of Africa, and there are certain plants and animals unique to this part of the world. This lesson describes the features of this important biome.
6. Endangered Species: Lesson for Kids
Learn about species that are endangered, or in danger of going extinct. The Red List names all the endangered species in the world and tells you how much danger they're in. Endangered species include pandas, jaguars, bluefin tuna, and many other animals.
7. Endangered Animals in Africa: Lesson for Kids
The continent of Africa is home to many unique animals, some of which are endangered. In this lesson, learn about some endangered African animals, including the African penguin, chimpanzee, and cheetah, and find out why these animals are considered endangered.
8. Endangered Animals Research: Lesson for Kids
Many humans recognize that change is needed to protect a great number of plants and animals from becoming endangered, or even worse, extinct. This lesson is going to discuss some of the major factors that are leading animals to become endangered, with one of the main ones being humans.
9. Why are Penguins Endangered? - Lesson for Kids
Penguins are fascinating creatures that only live in a few areas of the world. In this lesson, learn about specific types of penguins that are endangered and discover the reasons why penguin populations are getting smaller.
10. Why are Sharks Endangered? - Lesson for Kids
Sure, sharks can be scary, but they're an important part of the ocean's ecosystems! Come and learn about the different reasons why they're an endangered species in this lesson.
11. Why are Lions Endangered? - Lesson for Kids
Some species of lions have become endangered, and their populations are getting smaller. In this lesson, learn why lion numbers are decreasing, including the destruction of their habitats, loss of food sources, and lack of protection.
12. Why are Asian Elephants Endangered? - Lesson for Kids
When thinking of elephants, most people think of the ones in Africa; however, there are also elephants on the continent of Asia. Unfortunately, these elephants are endangered, and we'll learn why in this lesson.
13. Why are African Elephants Endangered? - Lesson for Kids
In this lesson, we'll learn some cool facts about African elephants and come to understand why they are an endangered species. Let's read on to find out more about these interesting creatures.
14. Endangered Monkeys: Lesson for Kids
There are many different types of monkeys in the world that are endangered. In this lesson, learn about specific endangered monkeys, where they live, and why the population numbers of these animals are decreasing.
15. Endangered Birds: Lesson for Kids
How sad would it be if our world didn't have different species of birds? Come and learn about some of these endangered species and what you can do to help.
16. Endangered Frogs: Lesson for Kids
Many different types of frogs around the world are becoming endangered. In this lesson, learn about frog species that are endangered and find out why these animals have populations that are getting dangerously small.
17. Endangered Animals In Asia: Lesson for Kids
Many animals are endangered throughout the world, and there are several species in Asia that are in the endangered category. In this lesson, learn about animals like elephants, tigers, and dolphins, and find out why their lives are threatened.
18. Why are Sea Turtles Endangered? - Lesson for Kids
Can you think of what grocery story plastic bags have to do with sea turtles? Find out in this lesson, which explains why sea turtles are endangered and what people are doing to help them.
19. Endangered Species in Canada: Lesson for Kids
Many species of plants and animals are endangered around the world. In this lesson, you are going to learn about species specific to Canada. Let's take a look at what species need help and how they can be helped.
20. Why Are Blue Whales Endangered? - Lesson for Kids
In this lesson, we'll learn about the biggest animal in the world, the blue whale. Find out why these amazing creatures became endangered and what threats they face today.
21. Why are Gorillas Endangered? - Lesson for Kids
Gorillas can only be found in the forest of central Africa and these magnificent creatures are in trouble. In this lesson, discover these giants of the jungle and why they are endangered.
22. Why is the Great White Shark Endangered? - Lesson for Kids
The great white shark is one of the oldest species on Earth, but there are now far fewer than there used to be. This lesson explores why this animal has become endangered.
23. Why is the Grey Wolf Endangered? - Lesson for Kids
Grey wolves are a kind of wolf that used to live all over North America. Come learn about the reasons why they became endangered and how people are trying to stop them from disappearing from the wild.
24. Why are Jaguars Endangered? - Lesson for Kids
As the number of people in the world increases, the number of jaguars and has decreased. Come learn about this enchanting wild cat, why jaguars are in danger of becoming extinct, and what has been done to try to save them.
25. Why is the Snow Leopard Endangered? - Lesson for Kids
Snow leopards are amazing animals; however, they are also endangered. In this lesson, you will learn about some of the reasons why there are so few snow leopards left in the world.
26. Why are Rhinos Endangered? - Lesson for Kids
Rhinos are majestic and strong animals that most people only see in zoos. Unfortunately, rhinos are also endangered. In this lesson, you will learn the reasons why rhinos are endangered animals.
27. Why are Numbats Endangered? - Lesson for Kids
Some animals, like dogs and cats, can be found everywhere. Other animals are not quite so numerous. Still, other animals are in danger of no longer existing. In this lesson, you will learn about why the numbat is one of these endangered animals.
28. Great White Shark Habitat: Lesson for Kids
There's more to great white sharks than a mouth full of teeth. Learn all about the habitats of these sharks, including the big shark population on Dyer Island in South Africa.
29. Whaling & Overfishing in Antarctica: Lesson for Kids
This lesson focuses on two things happening in Antarctica today - whaling and overfishing. Find out what these activities are and how they affect the amazing wildlife that call Antarctica's oceans home.
30. Extinct Tiger Facts: Lesson for Kids
Though we can still see different kinds of tigers in the wild, some have become extinct. Come learn about these extinct tigers, where they lived, how big they were and why they disappeared forever.
31. Bobcat Habitat Facts: Lesson for Kids
Bobcats are wild cats that live in many different places throughout North America. In which types of habitats can they be found? Read on to learn more.
32. Grizzly Bear Habitat: Lesson for Kids
The grizzly bear is one of the largest and most powerful mammals on Earth. Where might you encounter this animal, and in which type of habitat does it live? Read on to find out.
33. Kangaroo Habitat Facts: Lesson for Kids
Learn about the amazing adaptability of the kangaroo. In this lesson, you'll explore some of the different habitats they live in and find out what is needed for them to survive.
34. Koala Habitat: Lesson for Kids
Koalas are known for being cute, unique creatures, but do you know where koalas live and why? In this lesson, discover where koalas like to call home, and find out some cool facts about their habitats.
35. Snake Habitat: Lesson for Kids
You have probably come across a snake before, maybe in your garden or in a pond or even a pet store, but do you know much about how a snake spends its days? Let's dive into the habitat of these sneaky, slithery animals!
36. Jellyfish Habitat Facts: Lesson for Kids
Jellyfish have been floating through the seas long before dinosaurs were alive. But do they live in all oceans? This lesson will investigate the different oceanic habitats of two types of jellyfish.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 95 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 2,000 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Plants & Animals for Kids course
- Animal Life Cycles for Elementary School
- Cheetahs for Elementary School
- Horses for Elementary School
- Tigers for Elementary School
- What Animals Eat for Elementary School
- Animals of Geographic Locations for Kids
- Large Mammals for Kids
- Bugs, Butterflies & Insects for Kids
- Reptiles for Kids
- Aquatic Animals & Marine Life for Kids
- Foxes & Wolves for Kids
- Small Mammals for Kids
- Australian Plants and Animals for Kids
- Monkeys, Apes, and Chimps for Kids
- Snakes for Elementary School
- Crustaceans for Elementary School
- Birds for Elementary School
- Fish for Elementary School
- Trees for Elementary School
- Plants for Elementary School