About This Chapter
Business Development Basics - Chapter Summary
Corporate employees looking to learn about the basics of business development can use the lessons contained in this chapter. Employees will find our lessons to be extremely helpful for brushing up on different aspects of business development relevant to today's workplace. The topics covered by these lessons are:
- Definition and basics of business development
- Processes and methods of business development
- Techniques and strategies for business development
- Software and tools used in business development
- Business development reports
Employees can test their knowledge of each lesson's topic by answering the questions in the practice quizzes. Once employees have completed each lesson, they can also see how much they recall about the main points from the chapter by answering the questions in the final chapter exam.
How It Helps
- Defines topics: These video lessons will provide employees with key definitions of major topics relevant to business development.
- Offers processes: Employees can use these lessons to get comprehensive explanations of the main business development processes and methods.
- Explains tools: By getting explanations and overviews of the most important business development tools, employees will be better prepared to use these utilize these tools in the workplace.
By watching these video lessons, employees will be able to:
- Understand the basic definitions and elements of business development
- Utilize business development methods on the job
- Learn key techniques for improving business development in the workplace
- Create better business development reports
1. What is Business Development? - Definition & Basics
This lesson will introduce you to the concept of business development. Learn about the components that make up business development and how to use them in a business strategy.
2. Business Development: Process & Methods
Business development helps an owner launch a product. In this lesson, we will discuss idea creation, determining feasibility making decisions, and implementing and launching a product.
3. Business Development: Techniques & Strategies
Business development is a necessity for a company to grow and expand. This lesson provides many helpful techniques and strategies to help managers set and achieve practical goals.
4. Business Development Tools
Business development tools are essential to help assist a company. In this lesson we will discuss, what business development tools are, the importance of research, and how to build effective relationships.
5. Business Development Reports
This lesson examines business development reports. These are reports that outline in detail the business development initiatives that an organization has carried out over a given period of time.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 95 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 2,000 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.