About This Chapter
Who's it for?
Anyone who needs help learning or mastering CAHSEE math material will benefit from taking this course. There is no faster or easier way to prepare for the CAHSEE math exam. Among those who would benefit are:
- Students who have fallen behind in understanding how to work with metric and standard units of measurement
- Students who struggle with learning disabilities or learning differences, including autism and ADHD
- Students who prefer multiple ways of learning math (visual or auditory)
- Students who have missed class time and need to catch up
- Students who need an efficient way to learn about measurement in math
- Students who struggle to understand their teachers
- Students who attend schools without extra math learning resources
How it works:
- Find videos in our course that cover what you need to learn or review.
- Press play and watch the video lesson.
- Refer to the video transcripts to reinforce your learning.
- Test your understanding of each lesson with short quizzes.
- Verify you're ready by completing the Measurement in Math chapter exam.
Why it works:
- Study Efficiently: Skip what you know, review what you don't.
- Retain What You Learn: Engaging animations and real-life examples make topics easy to grasp.
- Be Ready on Test Day: Use the Measurement in Math chapter exam to be prepared.
- Get Extra Support: Ask our subject-matter experts any measurement question. They're here to help!
- Study With Flexibility: Watch videos on any web-ready device.
Students will review:
This chapter helps students review the concepts in a measurement unit of a standard high school math course. Topics covered include:
- Understanding standard units of measurement
- Converting standard units of measure
- Performing basic operations with measurements
- Understanding metric units of measurement
- Converting units in the metric system
- Taking measurements with scales, meters and gauges
1. Standard Units of Measurement for Length, Weight, Time & Capacity
Watch this video lesson to learn how to recognize the various units of measurement for length, weight, time and volume. Learn to recognize both U.S. units and metric units.
2. How to Convert Standard Units of Measure
The United States uses pounds, miles and Fahrenheit for measurements, but the rest of the world uses the metric system. This video lesson will help you to convert from one to the other easily, so you can understand kilometers and kilograms, too.
3. How to Perform Basic Operations with Measurements
In this video lesson, you will learn how measurements are very much like variables when it comes to adding, subtracting, multiplying, and dividing them. You will also see examples of how they are done.
4. What is the Metric System?
Most of the world relies on the metric system for measuring distance, weight, volume, and time. Watch this video lesson to learn what kinds of measurements are used in the metric system.
5. How to Convert Units in the Metric System
If you can make dinner, you can convert units in the metric system. It's that easy! In this lesson, you'll learn about the three key things you'll need to perform conversions.
6. How to Take Measurements with Scales, Meters & Gauges
In the real world, we take measurements all the time. Measurements are taken when you drive and when you weigh yourself, for example. Watch this video lesson to learn how you can take measurements of things that are important.
7. Converting 12 Liters to Milliliters: Steps & Tutorial
Converting 12 liters to milliliters can be simple. This lesson will explain how to do it in a way you'll be able to use for a very long time. The methods in this lesson will also be applicable to many other conversions.
8. Converting 162 Meters to Feet: How-To & Tutorial
Different places in the world use different units to measure length. The Olympics uses the metric system, while Americans use feet, yards, and miles. In this lesson, learn how to make a simple conversion from one measure of distance to another.
9. How To Convert 1 Cubic Centimeter to Milliliters: Steps & Tutorial
A cubic centimeter and a milliliter are both units of volume, but how do you convert between one and the other? This lesson will take you through a step by step process to convert between these two volume units.
10. Converting 1 Pound to Ounces: Steps & Tutorial
Have you ever forgotten how many ounces are in a pound? The system of standard weights and measures can be very confusing. This lesson goes over an example of how to convert 1 pound into ounces.
11. How to Convert 1 Liter of Water to Grams: Steps & Tutorial
How do you convert 1 liter of water to grams? The answer is relatively simple, but the science behind it is both complex and fascinating. Keep reading to find out more!
12. 1 Mile in Meters: How-To & Steps
Different places use different measures of distance. The U.S. uses inches, feet, and miles, while much of the rest of the world uses metric meters. Converting from one to the other is not only helpful, it's easy! Learn how in this lesson.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 95 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 2,000 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the CAHSEE Math Exam: Help and Review course
- CAHSEE - Number Theory & Basic Arithmetic: Help and Review
- CAHSEE - Problems with Decimals and Fractions: Help and Review
- CAHSEE - Problems with Percents: Help and Review
- CAHSEE Radical Expressions & Equations: Help & Review
- CAHSEE Algebraic Expressions & Equations: Help & Review
- CAHSEE - Algebraic Linear Equations & Inequalities: Help and Review
- CAHSEE - Problems with Exponents: Help and Review
- CAHSEE - Overview of Functions: Help and Review
- CAHSEE - Rational Expressions: Help and Review
- CAHSEE Ratios, Percent & Proportions: Help & Review
- CAHSEE - Matrices and Absolute Value: Help and Review
- CAHSEE - Quadratics & Polynomials: Help and Review
- CAHSEE - Geometry: Graphing Basics: Help and Review
- CAHSEE - Graphing on the Coordinate Plane: Help and Review
- CAHSEE - Properties of Shapes: Help and Review
- CAHSEE Triangles & the Pythagorean Theorem: Help & Review
- CAHSEE - Perimeter, Area & Volume in Geometry: Help and Review
- CAHSEE - Statistics, Probability & Working with Data: Help and Review
- CAHSEE - Mathematical Reasoning: Help and Review
- CAHSEE - Logic: Help and Review