About This Chapter
Who's it for?
Anyone who needs help learning or mastering CAHSEE math material will benefit from taking this course. There is no faster or easier way to prepare for the CAHSEE math exam. Among those who would benefit are:
- Students who have fallen behind in understanding how to find the perimeter, area or volume of two- and three-dimensional figures
- Students who struggle with learning disabilities or learning differences, including autism and ADHD
- Students who prefer multiple ways of learning math (visual or auditory)
- Students who have missed class time and need to catch up
- Students who need an efficient way to learn about perimeter, area and volume
- Students who struggle to understand their teachers
- Students who attend schools without extra math learning resources
How it works:
- Find videos in our course that cover what you need to learn or review.
- Press play and watch the video lesson.
- Refer to the video transcripts to reinforce your learning.
- Test your understanding of each lesson with short quizzes.
- Verify you're ready by completing the Perimeter, Area & Volume in Geometry chapter exam.
Why it works:
- Study Efficiently: Skip what you know, review what you don't.
- Retain What You Learn: Engaging animations and real-life examples make topics easy to grasp.
- Be Ready on Test Day: Use the Perimeter, Area & Volume in Geometry chapter exam to be prepared.
- Get Extra Support: Ask our subject-matter experts any perimeter, area and volume question. They're here to help!
- Study With Flexibility: Watch videos on any web-ready device.
Students will review:
This chapter helps students review the concepts in a perimeter, area and volume unit of a standard high school math course. Topics covered include:
- Three-dimensional figures in geometry
- Perimeter of triangles and rectangles
- Area of triangles and rectangles
- Area and circumference of circles
- Volume of cylinders, cones and spheres
- Volume of prisms and pyramids
- Surface area of cubes and rectangular prisms
- Surface area of cylinders
- Surface area of pyramids
- Area of complex two- and three-dimensional figures
- Perimeter of three-dimensional rectangular solids
1. Perimeter of Triangles and Rectangles
Without realizing it, we calculate and use the perimeter of triangles and rectangles in regular everyday situations. Learn more about the perimeter of triangles and rectangles in this lesson, and test your knowledge with a quiz.
2. Area of Triangles and Rectangles
How do you find out the area of rectangles and triangles? Learn how in this lesson! We'll look at the formulas, then practice solving problems for each shape.
3. Circles: Area and Circumference
Understanding how to calculate the area and circumference of circles plays a vital role in some of our everyday functions. They serve as the foundation for operating with three-dimensional figures. Learn more about the area and circumference of circles in this lesson.
4. Volume of Cylinders, Cones, and Spheres
In this lesson, we'll learn about the volume formulas for cylinders, cones and spheres. We'll also practice using the formula in a variety of real-world examples where knowing how to calculate volume is helpful.
5. Volume of Prisms and Pyramids
In this lesson, we'll learn about prisms and pyramids. We'll look at the different types of prisms and pyramids, as well as practice calculating volume for each shape.
6. How to Find Surface Area of a Cube and a Rectangular Prism
After watching this video lesson, you will be able to use the formula for the surface area of a rectangular prism. You will know what measurements you need to use it and how you can apply it to a cube as well.
7. How to Find Surface Area of a Cylinder
Watch this video lesson to learn the formula you can use to find the surface area of a cylinder. Learn the measurements that you'll need as well as how to use them.
8. How to Find Surface Area of a Pyramid
In this video lesson, we will learn how to take any pyramid, whether it's a pyramid in Egypt or a little toy pyramid, and calculate how much paint we will need to paint it. Learn the formula and what is behind it.
9. Applying Scale Factors to Perimeter, Area, and Volume of Similar Figures
How do shapes change sizes yet retain their proportions and similarities to other shapes? In this lesson, we'll look at what a scale factor is and how to apply it. We'll consider scale factors with regards to three different aspects of similar shapes: perimeter, area and volume.
10. Area Method: Slope & Examples
This lesson discusses the Slope Area Method to calculate the flow of a waterway at a particular point. There is more than one way to calculate this information, but the Slope Area Method has its advantages, especially for man-made waterways.
11. Finding the Area of a Cylinder: Formula & Example
In this lesson, you'll review the definition of a cylinder and learn how to find its surface area. Then, you can test your new knowledge with a brief quiz.
12. How to Calculate the Volume of a Cube: Formula & Practice
In this lesson, you will explore the formula used to calculate the volume of a cube. You will also gain a conceptual understanding of volume and appropriate units to use. Then test your knowledge in a brief quiz.
13. How to Find the Surface Area of a Cube
In this lesson, we'll look at what makes cubes unique among three-dimensional shapes, and we'll put that uniqueness to use in finding an easy way to find the surface area of cubes.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 79 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 2,000 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the CAHSEE Math Exam: Help and Review course
- CAHSEE - Number Theory & Basic Arithmetic: Help and Review
- CAHSEE - Problems with Decimals and Fractions: Help and Review
- CAHSEE - Problems with Percents: Help and Review
- CAHSEE Radical Expressions & Equations: Help & Review
- CAHSEE Algebraic Expressions & Equations: Help & Review
- CAHSEE - Algebraic Linear Equations & Inequalities: Help and Review
- CAHSEE - Problems with Exponents: Help and Review
- CAHSEE - Overview of Functions: Help and Review
- CAHSEE - Rational Expressions: Help and Review
- CAHSEE Ratios, Percent & Proportions: Help & Review
- CAHSEE - Matrices and Absolute Value: Help and Review
- CAHSEE - Quadratics & Polynomials: Help and Review
- CAHSEE - Geometry: Graphing Basics: Help and Review
- CAHSEE - Graphing on the Coordinate Plane: Help and Review
- CAHSEE - Measurement in Math: Help and Review
- CAHSEE - Properties of Shapes: Help and Review
- CAHSEE Triangles & the Pythagorean Theorem: Help & Review
- CAHSEE - Statistics, Probability & Working with Data: Help and Review
- CAHSEE - Mathematical Reasoning: Help and Review
- CAHSEE - Logic: Help and Review