About This Chapter
Computer Science Technology in the Classroom - Chapter Summary
This chapter offers a well-rounded examination of computer science technology in the classroom. Review bite-sized lessons and articles to gain greater insight into assistive technology, distance learning courses, pros and cons of technology in the classroom and more. Upon completion, you will be able to:
- Discuss the use of technology in the classroom
- Describe the impact of technology in the classroom
- List and discuss different types of classroom technology
- Share the advantages and disadvantages of technology in the classroom
- Identify and describe types and uses of assistive technology in the classroom
- Exhibit knowledge of technology-based classroom management resources
- Define and provide examples of distance learning courses
- Provide facts about technology ethics in the classroom
Don't let a busy schedule get in the way of your ability to study the computer science technology lessons in this chapter. Available 24/7 via any computer or mobile device, our lessons and articles offer flexibility that enables you to study whenever and wherever you desire. If you want a quick gauge of which lessons you need to study, take their accompanying multiple-choice quizzes. The practice exam can test your overall comprehension of this chapter.
1. Using Technology in the Classroom
Technology has become much more prevalent and available in the classroom. This lesson will offer some guidelines and strategies for using technology in the classroom.
2. Effects of Technology in the Classroom
In this lesson, you will explore how technology provides effectiveness in the classroom setting. Be prepared to embrace how teachers and students are learning with the use of technology!
3. Different Types of Classroom Technology
Technology can broaden the horizons of your students right inside of your classroom. This lesson explores the various types of technology that can be used to liven up everything you teach.
4. Technology in the Classroom: Advantages & Disadvantages
Teachers in today's schools need to be aware of the uses of educational technology. This lesson explains both the advantages and disadvantages of using technology in the classroom.
5. Assistive Technology in the Classroom: Types & Uses
Students with disabilities benefit from using assistive technology. In this lesson, you will learn why assistive technology is used and the different types of assistive technology that are available.
6. Technology-Based Classroom Management Resources
In this lesson, we'll look at several types of technology-based classroom management resources, such as digital gradebooks and classroom behavior trackers. We'll also explore tips for using these resources as well as reasons why they're helpful.
7. What is a Distance Learning Course?
Distance learning is an educational option that allows students to earn college credit or take classes for personal enrichment any time, anywhere. This option is offered by many colleges and universities, but what does a distance course entail? How do they work and what can students expect? Read on to learn more about this convenient learning format!
8. Technology Ethics in the Classroom
The accessibility of information through technology is endless. In the classroom, students and teachers must follow ethical guidelines for appropriate use. In this lesson you will learn what some of the expectations are and how to use them.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 95 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 2,000 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the MTTC Computer Science: Practice & Study Guide course
- History & Social Impacts of Computing
- Hardware & Systems Technology
- Computer Science Systems Software
- Computer Science Application Software
- Computer Science & The Internet
- Basics of Network Systems Technology
- Telecommunications & Information Access Resources
- Computer Science Multimedia Resources
- Data, Storage & Algorithms
- Basics of Computer Programming
- Programming Design, Verification & Language
- Instructional Resources for Computer Science Teachers