About This Chapter
CSET Business Subtest I: Ethical & Social Responsibility - Chapter Summary
Use this chapter's lessons to help solidify your understanding of business ethics and social responsibility as you review for the CSET Business exam. In these tutorials, explorations of the following concepts can help you accurately answer related questions on the test:
- Defining social responsibility in business
- Assessing a business's ethical climate
- Comprehending the aspects and influencers of ethical culture in an organization
- Understanding the social responsibility of corporations
- Examining business ethics as a concept
- Identifying ethical considerations in the context of globalization and international business relations
Instruction is provided in brief video format that helps you assimilate the material in delineated segments. With examples and case studies, these lessons can help you grasp the somewhat subjective realm of business ethics and enhance your CSET Business exam performance.
Objectives of the CSET Business Subtest I: Ethical & Social Responsibility Chapter
The CSET Business exam is California's test for prospective business teachers - the exam determines a candidate's knowledge of the discipline and whether or not certification to teach it is in order. The lessons in this chapter correspond to the questions found on Subtest I of the exam, which makes up a third of the total test. With the quizzes included alongside each lesson, you can get a feel for the kinds of questions you'll find on the CSET and discern how well you've comprehended the material.
The questions on Subtest I address concepts in business management and marketing. There are 20 multiple-choice questions and one constructed-response question dedicated to each of these two subjects, with the subtest comprising 42 questions total.
1. Social Responsibility in Organizations
Watch this video lesson to learn how companies put into practice their social responsibilities. Learn how a socially responsible company helps the environment, people, and employees along with giving freely to society.
2. Organizational Ethical Climate: Definition, Issues & Improvement
Organizational ethical climate refers to the moral atmosphere of the work environment and the level of ethics practiced within a company. Instrumental, caring, law and order, rules, and independence are the five types of ethical climate that can exist in an organization.
3. Ethical Culture and Positive Culture in Organizations
In this lesson, you will learn how an ethical and positive culture can be created in an organization and why it is important for organizations to establish an ethical and positive culture.
4. Business Ethics: Corporate Social Responsibility
Now that companies are concerned with society's welfare, corporate social responsibility is a controversial topic. In this lesson, learn the two theories of social responsibility and the arguments for and against the practice.
5. Business Ethics in Contemporary Businesses
The concept of ethics is easy to give examples of but hard to define. In this lesson, we will discuss ethics and how they apply in the business world, as well as discuss an example of an ethical situation using Enron.
6. Ethics & Social Responsibility in International Business
As the world becomes more and more connected, there are still serious social and ethical problems that need to be worked out in the business world. This lesson identifies some of those problems.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 79 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 2,000 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the CSET Business Subtest I: Practice and Study Guide course
- CSET Business - Management Functions
- CSET Business - Major Functions in a Business
- CSET Business - Managing Change
- CSET Business - Planning & Problem Solving
- CSET Business - Leadership
- CSET Business - Motivation
- CSET Business - Groups in Organizations
- CSET Business - Organizational Culture and Structure
- CSET Business - Business Law
- CSET Business - Production & Operations Management
- CSET Business - Human Resource Management
- CSET Business - Marketing Strategies and Concepts
- CSET Business - Sales, Promotion & Customer Service
- CSET Business - Global Marketing