About This Chapter
CSET Business Subtest I: Organizational Culture and Structure - Chapter Summary
Develop your proficiency in organizational culture and structure as you prepare for the Business CSET with the lessons in this chapter. The videos explain topics such as the following to help ready you for related test questions:
- Identifying and understanding the seven components of organizational culture
- Understanding the contingency theory in business
- Comprehending organizational design
- Defining and differentiating among traditional organizational business designs
- Recognizing various contemporary organizational designs
Individual videos provide specific instruction in each area, giving you manageable chunks of information to support your exam preparation. Recognizing these concepts can give you a broader understanding of how businesses function and help you answer correlative questions correctly on the CSET.
Objectives of the CSET Business Subtest I: Organizational Culture and Structure Chapter
The CSET Business test is designed to assess potential teachers' readiness to receive business teaching certification in the state of California. Subtest I of the test, which accounts for approximately 33% of the full exam, tests candidates on topics addressed in the lessons of this chapter. The self-assessment quizzes included with each tutorial allow you to assess your understanding of the material and take a look at the types of questions the CSET contains.
Of the 42 questions on Subtest I, 40 are multiple-choice. The remaining two questions are open-ended and require the composition of an original response. All the Subtest I questions relate to either marketing or business management.
1. What is Organizational Culture? - Definition & Characteristics
In this lesson, you will learn what organizational culture is and how it dictates behavior in organizations. You'll also explore the seven values that define the culture of an organization.
2. Contingency Theory: Definition and Significance to Organizational Behavior
The contingency theory focuses on specific situational factors that can affect the direct relationships between independent and dependent variables. The theory explains that there is not an exact science to organizational behavior.
3. Organizational Design and Organizational Behavior
In this lesson, you will learn how two different elements of organizational structure influence the performance and behavior of members of organizations.
4. Organizational Design and Structure
There is a relationship between organizational design and structure because of different factors. Organizational size, organizational life cycle, strategy, environment and technology work together to form a complete organization.
5. Types of Traditional Organizational Designs: Simple, Functional & Divisional Designs
Choosing an organizational structure is an ongoing design process. In this lesson, you will learn to identify types of traditional organizational designs, including simple, functional and divisional designs.
6. Types of Contemporary Organizational Designs: Matrix, Team & Network Designs
Choosing an organizational structure is an ongoing design process. In this lesson, you will learn to identify types of contemporary organizational designs, including matrix, team and network designs.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 95 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 2,000 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the CSET Business Subtest I: Practice and Study Guide course
- CSET Business - Management Functions
- CSET Business - Major Functions in a Business
- CSET Business - Managing Change
- CSET Business - Planning & Problem Solving
- CSET Business - Leadership
- CSET Business - Motivation
- CSET Business - Groups in Organizations
- CSET Business - Ethical & Social Responsibility
- CSET Business - Business Law
- CSET Business - Production & Operations Management
- CSET Business - Human Resource Management
- CSET Business - Marketing Strategies and Concepts
- CSET Business - Sales, Promotion & Customer Service
- CSET Business - Global Marketing