About This Chapter
CSET Test: General Info - Summary & Learning Objectives
With this chapter, you have access to resources that will help you find out about CSET registration, administration and scoring. These resources can help you prepare for the CSET tests because they will:
- Guide you through the registration process
- Provide you with CSET wavier information
- Tell you about testing dates
- Inform you about the passing scores of the CSET tests
- Give you information regarding the tests' passing rates
You will benefit from the resources of this chapter because:
- They're helpful: These articles provide access to vital information you need to know when you are preparing to take the CSET tests.
- They're relevant: The information in these articles are kept up to date so that you can have the most accurate information possible.
- They're accessible: If you have access to an internet-ready mobile device, you can access these articles whenever you need to.
- They're convenient: Finding this information on the CSET web site can be complicated. This chapter provides key information in an easy-to-use format.
1. CSET Exam Registration Information
The California Subject Examinations for Teachers (CSET) are a series of tests used to award teaching certification. Learn about registration options and fees for the CSET exams, and discover study resources to get you ready for test day.
2. CSET Exam Dates
Tests for the various CSET examination subjects are offered multiple times each year. For more specific information about when your subject is being tested, read on.
3. CSET Passing Rate
Passing scores on the CSET exams are among the requirements for teacher certification in California. Find out the most recent passing rates in a variety of CSET subjects and learn how you can prepare for these exams.
4. CSET Waiver Information
The CSET exams are used to assess the content area knowledge of individuals seeking teacher certification in California. However, teachers who want to obtain a Single Subject Teaching Credential can earn a testing waiver for the CSET. Keep reading to learn how.
5. How to Register for the CSET
Aspiring teachers in the State of California will need to pass the California Subject Examinations for Teachers (CSET) in their desired subject area(s). Read on to learn everything you need to know to register for these tests.
6. What Are the CSET Test Dates?
A plethora of subject tests are available in CSET exams, and they have varying amounts of availability during the year. This article guides you through the different date ranges.
7. What is a Passing Score on the CSET?
Find out the score you need to pass your CSET exam and how soon you'll get your results. Then get some test prep resources and additional exam info.
8. How to Pass the CBEST
Make sure you're ready for the California Basic Educational Skills Test (CBEST) by using the tips in this article. Explore test-taking strategies and find helpful study resources.
9. How to Pass the CSET
Learn how you can pass the California Subject Examinations for Teachers (CSET) by checking out this article. Find out how you can study and explore strategies you can use on test day.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 95 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 2,000 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the CSET Science: Help & Review course
- CSET Cell Biology & Physiology: Prokaryotic Cells
- CSET Cell Biology & Physiology: Viruses
- CSET Cell Biology & Physiology: Eukaryotic Cell Structure
- CSET Cell Biology & Physiology: Cellular Reproduction
- CSET Cell Biology & Physiology: Plant Cells
- CSET Cell Biology & Physiology: Respiration and Reactions
- CSET Human Physiology: Circulation
- CSET Human Physiology: Digestion
- CSET Human Physiology: Nervous System
- CSET Human Physiology: Hormones
- CSET Human Physiology: Bones and Muscles
- CSET Cell Biology & Physiology: The Immune System
- CSET Genetics: Chromosomes
- CSET Genetics: Patterns of Inheritance
- CSET Genetics: Gene Expression
- CSET Genetics: Biotechnology
- CSET Evolution
- CSET Evolution: History of Life
- CSET Ecology
- CSET Investigation & Experimentation: Planning a Scientific Investigation
- CSET Investigation & Experimentation: Data Collection
- CSET Science Investigation & Experimentation: Drawing Conclusions
- CSET Science: Math Review
- CSET Science, Technology & Society
- Periodic Table and Periodicity
- Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure
- Gases and Their Properties
- Organic Chemistry and Biochemistry
- CSET Investigation & Experimentation: Data Analysis
- Galaxies, Stars and Solar Systems
- Planets and Moons
- Tectonics and the Ocean
- Atmosphere and Earth's Energy Budget
- Circulation in the Oceans and Atmosphere
- Surface Processes and Geologic Mapping