About This Chapter
Dislocations of the Ribs & Spine - Chapter Summary
Work through this convenient online chapter at your own pace to review the causes, symptoms and treatments for spine and rib dislocations. As you examine this series of lessons, you'll review several types of dislocations, including cervical spine dislocations, atlantoaxial subluxation and sternoclavicular dislocations.
To help you retain the terms and concepts you study, we've included short self-assessment quizzes throughout the chapter. The chapter is accessible on any Internet-connected device, and you can study at any time that fits your schedule. Our instructors are also available to answer any questions you may have about rib and spine dislocations.
How It Helps
These short and convenient resources can benefit any healthcare professional who needs to demonstrate a thorough understanding of rib and spine dislocation. The lessons and quizzes can function as training materials or continuing education resources. Access the chapter at any time to learn new skills or refresh your existing knowledge.
By the end of this chapter, you'll be able to:
- Evaluate the symptoms and treatments for dislocated ribs, rib separation, cervical spine dislocations, lumbar spine dislocations, dislocated coccyxes and atlantoaxial subluxation
- Compare rib separation and rib dislocation
- Recognize thoracic spine dislocation fractures
- Understand how sternoclavicular dislocations are diagnosed and treated
- Identify the causes of atlantoaxial subluxation
1. Dislocated Coccyx: Symptoms & Treatment
A dislocated bone is never a good thing, and a dislocated coccyx can be especially painful. In this lesson, we will learn about symptoms and treatment for a dislocated coccyx.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 79 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 2,000 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Critical Care Nursing course
- Critical Care Nursing Essentials
- Evidence-Based Practice for Nursing
- Critical Care Nursing in Pediatrics
- Sleep & Sedation in Critical Care
- Deep Vein Thrombosis: Theory and Treatment
- Deep Vein Thrombosis: Practical Applications
- Critical Care Nursing for Skin Conditions
- Infections of the Blood & Respiratory System
- Treating Bleeding Issues
- Treating Wounds
- Types of Wounds
- Treating Ulcers
- Types & Treatment of Necrosis
- Critical Care Nursing for the Liver & Kidneys
- Critical Care Nursing for Eyes
- Dislocations of the Hands & Fingers
- Dislocations of the Knees & Ankles
- Electric Shocks & Electrical Burns
- Hip Dislocations
- Shoulder & Elbow Dislocations
- TMJ & Jaw Dislocations
- Diagnosing & Treating Chest & Stomach Injuries
- Pelvic Injuries