About This Chapter
Emergency Care & Procedures - Chapter Summary
Expert instructors in this chapter offer an engaging overview of emergency care and procedures used in healthcare settings. Explore short and informative lessons to discover or refresh your existing knowledge of emergency care, disaster plans and fire safety. Upon completion of this chapter, you will have the ability to:
- List important steps to take during an emergency situation
- Describe various emergency and disaster response plans used in healthcare settings
- Share methods for fire prevention and safety used in healthcare settings
Each lesson in this chapter is accessible anytime using any computer, smartphone or tablet with an Internet connection. Choose the lessons you want to view and visit them as often as you'd like to fully grasp emergency care and procedures used in healthcare settings. Utilize the Dashboard to track your progress and submit any lesson topic questions to our experts. Before taking your test, be sure to assess your comprehension of this subject by taking multiple-choice quizzes and a practice exam.
1. Providing Emergency Care: Types & Methods
This lesson will teach you the first important steps you may need to take during an emergency situation and some basic but important life-saving techniques you can use during such an emergency.
2. Emergency & Disaster Response Plans in Healthcare Settings
This lesson gives insight to the disaster response process, the plan used in healthcare facilities, and the staff responsibilities for patients in their care. Knowing what to do in emergencies saves lives.
3. Fire Prevention & Safety in Healthcare Settings
Fire hazards exist in all healthcare settings, including hospitals, offices, and outpatient facilities. Read this lesson to learn how to appropriately prepare and respond to fires as a healthcare worker.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 95 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 2,000 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Florida Prometric CNA Test: Practice & Study Guide course
- The Role of Nurse Aides
- Nursing Communication & Patient Rights
- Communication in Nursing
- Safety for Nurses
- Basic Hygiene for Nurses
- Asepsis & Infection Control in Nursing
- Patient Injuries & Infections
- Emergency Situations in Nursing
- Personal Care in Nursing
- Circulation & Skin Integrity Concerns in Nursing
- Nutrition Basics for Nurses
- Understanding Fluid & Electrolyte Balance in Nursing
- Understanding Rest & Sleep in Nursing
- Elimination Overview for Nurses
- Assistive Devices & Mobility
- Psychosocial Concerns in Nursing
- Physical Assessment Techniques
- Physical Impairments
- Understanding Pain & Pain Management in Nursing
- Mental Health Concepts
- The Aging Process
- End of Life Care