About This Chapter
GRE Flashcards - Summary
If you're preparing for the GRE, try flipping through these interactive flashcard sets to memorize the terms and concepts you'll be tested on. These fun study tools allow you to review key math, verbal reasoning and analytical writing concepts. You can expect to study some of the following topics that appear on the GRE:
- Inequalities and sets
- Statistics and probability
- Plane and coordinate geometry
- Expressions and equations
- Functions and exponents
- Graphing and factoring
- Series and sequences
- Operations and numbers
- Grammar and word usage
- Writing techniques
- Essay construction and argument formation
- Reading skills
How They Work
Studying for the GRE with these flashcards helps you prepare for the exam quickly and efficiently.
- Open a flashcard set for the GRE topic you're studying.
- Identify the image or word on the flashcard.
- Click the button to flip the card and view the answer.
- Select whether you got it right or missed it to keep track of your progress.
- Click the Next arrow to proceed through the flashcard set.
- Review the cards you missed or shuffle all cards back in and go through them again.
GRE Math: Inequalities Flashcards
This set of flashcards will help you understand the basics of inequalities. Learn the meanings of the symbols used with inequalities and other fundamental concepts.
GRE Math: Equations & Expressions Flashcards
These flashcards give you a chance to practice your skills with various types of equations and expressions - linear, absolute value, and rational. Be careful - the rules are different for each type of equation or expression!
GRE Math: Sequences & Series Flashcards
These flashcards are designed to help you to understand sequences and series better. General ideas are covered, as well as those specifically related to arithmetic and geometric sequences and series.
GRE Math: Numbers & Operations Flashcards
Use these flashcards to develop your knowledge of fundamental math terms related to numbers and operations. Test yourself on the difference between commonly mixed-up terms and review important mathematical processes.
GRE Analytical Writing: Grammar & Usage Flashcards
This flashcard set provides practice on the following topics: utilizing proper punctuation, analyzing subject/verb agreement, recognizing independent clauses and dependent clauses, and avoiding misplaced modifiers.
GRE Analytical Writing: Writing Technique Flashcards
This flashcard set reviews some grammatical and rhetorical concerns that detract from effective writing. Advanced grammatical and stylistic topics are reviewed.
GRE Analytical Writing: Essay Construction Flashcards
This flashcard set offers extensive practice and review of common term and techniques used in essay writing. These cards will quiz students studying for the GRE on style, content, structure, and many other topics.
GRE Analytical Writing: Crafting an Argument Flashcards
This flashcard set provides you with all the essential information for crafting an effective argument for the GRE written section. This set will cover what an argument is, how to form an argument, how to refute an argument, and general strategies for creating/incorporating them into your writing for the GRE.
GRE Verbal Reasoning: Vocabulary Skills Flashcards
This set of flashcards will guide the user through some basic test-taking strategies for the verbal portion of the GRE. Practice vocabulary flashcards are also included.
GRE Verbal Reasoning: Reading Skills Flashcards
This flashcard set reviews the basics of analyzing literature with the Verbal Reasoning portion of the GRE in mind. Review literary elements, approaches to analyzing literature, and strategies for test taking.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 79 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 2,000 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the GRE Test: Practice & Study Guide course
- GRE: About the Test
- GRE Verbal Reasoning: About the Verbal Reasoning Section
- GRE Verbal Reasoning: Reading Skills
- GRE Verbal Reasoning: Vocabulary Skills
- GRE Analytical Writing: About the Analytical Writing Measure
- GRE Analytical Writing: Crafting Your Argument
- GRE Analytical Writing: Planning Your Essay
- GRE Analytical Writing: Starting Your Essay
- GRE Analytical Writing: Writing the Essay Body
- GRE Analytical Writing: Editing Your Essay
- GRE Analytical Writing: Writing Technique
- GRE Analytical Writing: Writing Stronger Sentences
- GRE Analytical Writing: Grammar and Usage
- GRE Quantitative Reasoning: About the Quantitative Reasoning Section
- GRE Quantitative Reasoning: Numbers and Operations
- GRE Quantitative Reasoning: Sequences and Series
- GRE Quantitative Reasoning: Equations and Expressions
- GRE Quantitative Reasoning: Factoring with FOIL, Graphing Parabolas and Solving Quadratics
- GRE Quantitative Reasoning: Exponents
- GRE Quantitative Reasoning: Functions
- GRE Quantitative Reasoning: Rational Equations and Expressions
- GRE Quantitative Reasoning: Inequalities
- GRE Quantitative Reasoning: Plane Geometry
- GRE Quantitative Reasoning: Coordinate Geometry
- GRE Quantitative Reasoning: Probability and Statistics
- GRE Quantitative Reasoning: Sets