About This Chapter
Who's It For?
Anyone who needs help learning or mastering K-12 science vocabulary will benefit from the lessons in this chapter. There is no faster or easier way to learn about K-12 science terms. Among those who would benefit are:
- Students who want to learn a broad topic in a short amount of time
- Students who are looking for easy ways to identify the most important information on the topic
- Students who have fallen behind in memorizing science terms and definitions
- Students who prefer multiple ways of learning about science (visual or auditory)
- Students who have missed class time and need to catch up
- Students who have limited time to study for an upcoming exam
How It Works:
- Complete each lesson in the chapter to review all key topics.
- Refer to the lesson to reinforce your learning.
- Test your understanding of each lesson with a short quiz.
- Complete your review with the K-12 Science Vocabulary chapter exam.
Why It Works:
- Study Efficiently: The lessons in this chapter cover only information you need to know.
- Retain What You Learn: Engaging instruction and real-life examples make topics easy to grasp.
- Be Ready on Test Day: Take the K-12 Science Vocabulary chapter exam to make sure you're prepared.
- Get Extra Support: Ask our subject-matter experts any geography question. They're here to help!
- Study With Flexibility: View lessons on any web-ready device.
Students Will Review:
This chapter summarizes the material students need to know about elementary through secondary school science vocabulary for a standard science course. Topics covered include:
- Elementary school science vocabulary words
- Science vocabulary words for middle school grades
- More grade-level-specific science terms and definitions
1. 5th Grade Science Vocabulary Words
Fifth grade science is full of fun topics with lots of vocabulary. Come and test your skills by learning just a few of the vocabulary words learned in science class, specifically in earth, life and physical science units.
2. Basic 8th Grade Science Vocabulary Words
Eighth grade is an exciting time where you are introduced to a bunch of new science terminology. In this lesson, we'll touch on some of the basic terms you might come across.
3. 6th Grade Science Vocabulary Words
Sixth grade is an exciting time, especially because you're going to learn a lot of new scientific terms! In this lesson, we'll go through some of the most important ones to know.
4. 4th Grade Science Vocabulary Words
Do you find studying vocabulary boring and drab? Do you wish there was a better way to learn your science vocabulary? What if studying vocabulary could be fun? Let's look at some 4th-grade science vocabulary and study methods to turn the drab into fab!
5. 7th Grade Science Vocabulary Words
There are some vocabulary words that are critical to understanding science in the 7th grade and beyond. It is important to get to know these words. We will look at some of the most pertinent words for 7th grade physical science.
6. 3rd Grade Science Vocabulary Words
This lesson provides definitions, along with examples or descriptions, for some of the key concepts covered in 3rd grade science. The subjects include introductory physics, biology, and meteorology.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 95 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 2,000 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.