About This Chapter
Managing the Customer Experience- Chapter Summary
In this chapter we'll take a look at strategies your employees can use to improve their customer experience management skills. Employees will learn about the following topics:
- Defining the customer
- Customer experience management
- Customer experience managers
- Software in customer experience management
- Customer experience directors
- Customer effort scores
- Principles of positive customer interaction
- Key driver analysis
These informative video lessons will clearly explain these concepts to your employees. Plus, with our self-assessment quizzes at the end of each lesson, employees can easily track their progress and ensure comprehension of these concepts.
How It Helps
- Improves understanding: Our lessons will help your employees better understand how to manage customer experience.
- Positive experience: With these training tools, employees will learn how to make customer experiences more positive and, in turn, more profitable.
- Leadership skills: Employees will develop leadership skills in customer experience management.
By the end of the chapter your employees will be able to:
- Know how customers and customer experience management interact
- Understand the role of a customer experience manager
- Use software designed for customer experience management
- Know the functions of a customer experience director
- Calculate a customer effort score
- Facilitate positive customer experiences
- Derive information from a key driver analysis
1. What is a Customer? - Definition & Overview
Knowing who your customers are is extremely important to any business. This lesson defines a customer and describes three general types of customers that every business will encounter.
2. What is Customer Experience Management?
Every customer has an experience when they purchase a product or service. How should companies manage and respond to these experiences? This lesson will explain what customer experience management is, including taking a look at its benefits and strategies.
3. What is a Customer Experience Manager?
What makes a customer experience great? Who monitors it? This lesson defines a customer experience manager, their role within an organization, some common duties, and how they can enhance the customer experience.
4. Software for Customer Experience Management
The customer experience impacts whether you retain or lose a person's future business. In this lesson, you'll learn more about customer experience management and software tools to make the job easier.
5. What is a Customer Experience Director?
Companies are becoming more and more customer focused. In other words, companies realize the importance of loyal customers. Some companies even designate a Customer Experience Director to facilitate the entire customer experience. This lesson will describe, in detail, the responsibilities of a Customer Experience Director.
6. Customer Effort Score: Definition & Calculation
There are many different ways to measure success in the customer experience. A new metric that has been developed is the customer effort score (CES). This lesson will define CES and provide examples as well as how to calculate it.
7. How to Delight Customers: Principle & Examples
Customer delight involves more than just meeting a customer's expectations; it is a truly emotional experience. This lesson describes the principle of customer delight and provides examples of how an organization can delight its guests.
8. Key Drivers: Definition & Analysis
Businesses use different metrics and methods of analysis to give them an idea of how they are doing. This lesson will define key drivers, provide examples, and explain how to use them.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 95 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 2,000 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.