About This Chapter
Pelvic Injuries - Chapter Summary
Study this chapter at your own pace to improve your understanding of pelvic injuries. Our expert instructors can show you the causes, symptoms, side effects and treatment options for pelvic injuries and fractures. You'll also examine the tile classification of pelvic injuries.
Each lesson comes with a short quiz to help you reinforce your understanding of pelvic injury terms and treatment methods. You can submit questions to our instructors if you need any clarification on the lesson topics. The chapter is also accessible on any Internet-connected device, which helps you study at home, at work or wherever you happen to be.
How It Helps
Healthcare professionals, such as critical care nurses, must have a thorough understanding of pelvic injury diagnosis and treatment. If you need to develop your pelvic injury knowledge and skills, you can access these lessons at any time that's convenient. The chapter can be used for both training and continuing education purposes.
By the end of this chapter, you'll be able to:
- Understand the pelvic injury tile classification
- Evaluate pelvic injury symptoms and side effects
- List pelvic injury treatments and rehabilitation options
- Recognize different types of pelvic fractures
- Identify the causes and symptoms of pelvic fractures
- Assess pelvic fracture complications, treatments and recovery periods
1. Tile Classification of Pelvic Injuries
Pelvic fractures differ in cause and severity. Read this lesson to learn how different types of pelvic fractures can be classified using the Tile classification system.
2. Pelvic Injury: Treatment, Rehabilitation & Recovery Time
The pelvis is the area of the body between the abdomen and the thighs. Learn about the treatment, rehabilitation, and recovery time for injuries to this part of the body.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 79 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 2,000 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Critical Care Nursing course
- Critical Care Nursing Essentials
- Evidence-Based Practice for Nursing
- Critical Care Nursing in Pediatrics
- Sleep & Sedation in Critical Care
- Deep Vein Thrombosis: Theory and Treatment
- Deep Vein Thrombosis: Practical Applications
- Critical Care Nursing for Skin Conditions
- Infections of the Blood & Respiratory System
- Treating Bleeding Issues
- Treating Wounds
- Types of Wounds
- Treating Ulcers
- Types & Treatment of Necrosis
- Critical Care Nursing for the Liver & Kidneys
- Critical Care Nursing for Eyes
- Dislocations of the Hands & Fingers
- Dislocations of the Knees & Ankles
- Dislocations of the Ribs & Spine
- Electric Shocks & Electrical Burns
- Hip Dislocations
- Shoulder & Elbow Dislocations
- TMJ & Jaw Dislocations
- Diagnosing & Treating Chest & Stomach Injuries