About This Chapter
Praxis Test: General Info - Summary of Articles and Topics
To become a licensed or certified teacher within your state, you may be required to take a standardized test, and a large number of states and other territories have elected to use the Praxis Test. Different tests are used to measure each teacher's comprehension of single subjects as well as core academic skills. This assortment of articles takes a closer look at the Praxis Tests, including registration and scoring information, as well the different subject tests. As you pursue state licensure or certification, use these articles to get informed about the following topics:
- Locating testing centers in your area
- Test dates for your specific Praxis Test
- An analysis of the general Praxis Test structure
- Information about the Praxis Subject Tests
- Facts about passing scores and the scoring process
These articles will prove worthwhile to you during your Praxis Test study sessions because:
- They're convenient: You'll get all the answers you're looking for in one, easy-to-find place.
- They're insightful: The articles provide you with a deeper understanding of the test structure, which may help you get a higher score.
- They're mobile-friendly: Every article can be accessed online and works on any device.
- They're helpful: Besides teaching you the ins and outs of the Praxis Test, the articles can direct you to related information that offers detailed study guides.
1. What Is Praxis?
The Praxis is a series of exams designed to measure the skills and pedagogical knowledge of teacher candidates. Read on to learn more about the Praxis series, from exam structure and content, to tips on how to prepare.
2. What are the Praxis Subject Tests?
Find out who the Praxis Subject Tests are for and why candidates take these tests. Learn about how the tests are structured and delivered, when you can take a test, and how to prepare.
3. Praxis Test Dates
Praxis tests can be administered continuously or over the course of short testing windows, while a couple of exams are only available once or twice annually. Keep reading to find out when your Praxis exam is offered, learn how to check your state's licensing requirements, and discover resources that can help you prepare for some of these tests.
4. Finding Praxis Testing Centers
Testing centers for Praxis exams can be found across the U.S. and worldwide. Read on to find out where these centers are located, how find one near you and which exams can only be taken in specific states. You can also find out more about the registration process and get tips for test day.
5. How to Register for the Praxis Exam
There are three main ways you can register for the Praxis exam. Continue reading to learn about these registration methods as well as which exam and situations require special registration. You can also find out registration deadlines, basic information about the Praxis exam and how to locate a test center.
6. What are Passing Scores for the Praxis Tests?
Praxis tests gauge an aspiring educator's readiness for either state licensure or admission into a teacher preparation program. Read on to learn about the Praxis program, how passing scores are decided, and how to prepare for Praxis tests.
7. How to Pass the Praxis
The Praxis is is taken by those who wish to get licensed in an education-related field in their state. Studying properly for this test is the best way to ensure success. Read on to learn more about how to study in order to pass the exam.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 95 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 2,000 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Praxis Biology: Practice and Study Guide course
- Praxis Biology: Science Principles - Processes and Disciplines
- Praxis Biology: Science Principles - Hypotheses, Theories and Change
- Praxis Biology: Science Principles - Numbers
- Praxis Biology: Science Principles - Interpretation and Models
- Praxis Biology: Laboratory Safety
- Praxis Biology: Laboratory Equipment & Measurements
- Praxis Biology: Molecular Structure Basics
- Praxis Biology: Chemical Reactions
- Praxis Biology: Biological Molecules and Processes
- Praxis Biology: Cellular Energy Flow
- Praxis Biology: Cell Structures and Functions
- Praxis Biology: Cellular Division
- Praxis Biology: DNA and Replication
- Praxis Biology: RNA and Gene Expression
- Praxis Biology: Mutations and Other Genetic Changes
- Praxis Biology: Biology Lab Techniques
- Praxis Biology: DNA Technology
- Praxis Biology: Genetics and Inheritance
- Praxis Biology: Human Genetics
- Praxis Biology: Species, Populations and Evolution
- Praxis Biology: Origin of Life on Earth
- Praxis Biology: Classification of Organisms
- Praxis Biology: Human Anatomy and Physiology
- Praxis Biology: Animal Reproduction and Development
- Praxis Biology: Plant Biology
- Praxis Biology: Plant Reproduction & Growth
- Praxis Biology: Population Ecology
- Praxis Biology: Ecosystem Ecology
- Praxis Biology: Human Impacts on the Environment
- Praxis Biology: Environment and Society