About This Chapter
Roman Culture for Kids - Chapter Summary
Use this series of fun and kid-friendly lessons to help your elementary school students learn more about ancient Roman culture, sports, music, medicine and much more. These simple and fun lessons talk about many aspects of Roman culture in a way that's easy for younger students to understand and remember. Your students can take the accompanying lesson quizzes and chapter exam to make sure they fully understand the chapter's terms, facts and topics.
- Ancient Roman sports, music, culture, theater, sculptures and entertainment
- Ancient Roman farming and climate
- Facts about ancient Roman medicine
- The social structure of ancient Rome
- Contributions from ancient Roman culture
Who It's For
Kids who need extra help learning about Roman culture will benefit from the lessons in this chapter. There's no faster or easier way to learn about Roman culture.
- Students who have fallen behind in understanding Roman culture
- Students who have learning disabilities or need a little extra help learning about Roman culture
- Students who prefer multiple ways of learning about social studies (visual or auditory)
- Students who have missed class and need to catch up
- Students who need an efficient and convenient way to learn about ancient Roman culture and contributions
- Students who struggle to understand their social studies teachers
- Students who attend schools without social studies resources
How It Works
- Find lessons in the chapter that cover the Roman culture topics your student needs to learn or review.
- Press play to watch the video lesson with your student or read through the text lesson.
- Refer to the video transcripts and highlighted vocab words to reinforce learning about Roman culture.
- Test your student's understanding of each lesson with short quizzes.
- Verify your student understands the different aspects of Roman culture by completing the Roman Culture for Kids chapter exam.
1. Ancient Roman Sports: Lesson for Kids
Just like the people of today, people in ancient Rome liked to watch sports. This lesson will teach you about the athletes of ancient Rome, some of the most popular sports they played, and some other cool facts about them.
2. Farming in Ancient Rome: Lesson for Kids
Ancient Rome was a powerful city filled with many people, and farmers were in high demand to grow food for the rest of the Roman citizens to eat. In this lesson, you will find out how important a farmer's job was, and how they were able to do it so well.
3. Ancient Roman Sculpture: Lesson for Kids
For many centuries, the ancient Romans created sculptures as both a form of artistic expression and for use in everyday life. This lesson will focus on why sculpture became such an important part of ancient Roman civilization.
4. Culture of Ancient Rome: Lesson for Kids
The society of Ancient Rome was defined by its culture. Romans enjoyed many of the things that we do today, but much was very different. This lesson will explore some of the ways in which the Romans lived and what made their culture so special.
5. Music of Ancient Rome: Lesson for Kids
The ancient Romans incorporated music into their everyday lives, creating new instruments and songs for special occasions or holidays. Learn about Roman music and its influence on their culture in this lesson.
6. Climate in Ancient Rome: Lesson for Kids
Ancient Rome's warm and mild climate helped its citizens build a powerful empire. However, over many years the climate shifted and weakened the empire, and may have even helped lead to the fall of Rome.
7. Medicine in Ancient Rome Facts: Lesson for Kids
Roman medicine attempted to heal everyday health problems through a number of treatments. In this lesson, learn about how ancient Roman doctors and physicians tried to cure diseases, treat wounds, and improve health.
8. Ancient Roman Social Structure: Lesson for Kids
The people of ancient Rome were born into different classes based on certain factors such as family, wealth, and lifestyle. This lesson will explore some of the differences and similarities between the people of the upper and lower classes.
9. Ancient Roman Contributions: Lesson for Kids
The Roman Empire was the most powerful of its time. It lasted for over 1,000 years and spread over several continents. This lesson describes some of the most important contributions of this influential empire.
10. Entertainment of Ancient Rome: Lesson for Kids
The people of Ancient Rome went to school and worked, but they also enjoyed many different forms of entertainment. This lesson explores some of the ways that Romans spent their free time, and what they did for fun.
11. Ancient Roman Plays & Theatre: Lesson for Kids
The theatre of ancient Rome was one of the most loved forms of art. Although much of their influence came from the Greeks, the Romans still made theatre their own, creating many methods and performances to entertain the people of Rome.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 79 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 2,000 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Social Studies for Kids course
- Civics & Government for Elementary School
- Early United States History for Elementary School
- Geography for Elementary School
- Famous People for Elementary School
- Colonial America for Elementary School
- Native American History for Elementary School
- Famous Americans for Elementary School
- Ancient Civilizations for Elementary School
- Inventions Lessons for Elementary School
- European History for Elementary School
- World Conflicts for Elementary School
- Economics for Elementary School
- 20th Century World History for Elementary School
- The Revolutionary War for Elementary School
- Civil War Lessons for Elementary School
- Post-Civil War for Elementary School
- 20th Century American History for Elementary School
- Roman History for Elementary School
- US States for Elementary School
- Countries of the World for Elementary School
- Famous World Landmarks for Elementary School
- Roman Leaders for Kids
- Castle History for Elementary School
- History of Christianity for Kids
- Civil Rights Activists for Elementary School