About This Chapter
Roman Leaders for Kids - Chapter Summary
This collection of fun social studies lessons is designed specifically for elementary school students who want to learn more about famous Roman emperors, such as Titus, Hadrian and Nero. These short lessons offer interesting facts about the leaders of ancient Rome, as well as easy-to-understand definitions and examples that are written for a younger student audience. Have your students take the multiple-choice quizzes to retain key facts from the lessons.
Students will study facts about the following Roman emperors:
- Justinian the Great
Who It's For
Kids who need extra help learning about Roman leaders will benefit from the lessons in this chapter. There's no faster or easier way to learn about the historically significant leaders of ancient Rome.
- Students who have fallen behind in understanding information about important Roman leaders
- Students who have learning disabilities or need a little extra help learning about Roman leaders
- Students who prefer multiple ways of learning about social studies (visual or auditory)
- Students who have missed class and need to catch up
- Students who need an efficient and convenient way to learn about Roman leaders
- Students who struggle to understand their social studies teachers
- Students who attend schools without social studies resources
How It Works
- Find lessons in the chapter that cover the Roman leaders your student needs to learn or review.
- Press play to watch the video lesson with your student or read through the text lesson.
- Refer to the video transcripts and highlighted vocab words to reinforce learning about Roman leaders.
- Test your student's understanding of each lesson with short quizzes.
- Verify your student understands information about significant Roman leaders by completing the Roman Leaders for Kids chapter exam.
1. Roman Emperor Nero Lesson for Kids: Facts, Biography & History
Nero was a famous emperor of Ancient Rome. His rule was positive at first, but he slowly became dangerous to both the people of Rome and himself. This lesson will tell the story of his life and what he did to make him so memorable.
2. Roman Emperor Claudius Facts: Lesson for Kids
The Roman emperor Claudius rose to power unexpectedly, but proved to be a strong leader. Under his 13-year term as emperor, Claudius helped to expand the Roman empire and build up many programs to help the citizens.
3. Roman Emperor Hadrian Lesson for Kids: Facts & Biography
Emperor Hadrian proved to be one of the most important leaders of ancient Rome, helping to set the Roman Empire's boundaries, most notably by building a massive wall in northern Britain. Learn about Hadrian's life and achievements in this lesson.
4. Roman Emperor Titus: Lesson for Kids
The Roman emperor Titus ruled for only two years, but achieved many successes in his time, including opening the Coliseum and helping the survivors of the eruption of Mount Vesuvius. Learn about this emperor's life and achievements in this lesson.
5. Justinian the Great Lesson for Kids: Facts & Biography
Justinian the Great was considered to be one of the most important emperors of the late Roman (also called Byzantine) Empire. He accomplished many things for the Romans and is remembered for being a strong leader.
6. Emperor Vespasian Lesson for Kids: Facts & Biography
For ten years, the emperor Vespasian ruled over ancient Rome, making him perhaps the most powerful man in the world. Learn about Vespasian's rise to power and legacy in this lesson.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 79 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 2,000 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Social Studies for Kids course
- Civics & Government for Elementary School
- Early United States History for Elementary School
- Geography for Elementary School
- Famous People for Elementary School
- Colonial America for Elementary School
- Native American History for Elementary School
- Famous Americans for Elementary School
- Ancient Civilizations for Elementary School
- Inventions Lessons for Elementary School
- European History for Elementary School
- World Conflicts for Elementary School
- Economics for Elementary School
- 20th Century World History for Elementary School
- The Revolutionary War for Elementary School
- Civil War Lessons for Elementary School
- Post-Civil War for Elementary School
- 20th Century American History for Elementary School
- Roman History for Elementary School
- US States for Elementary School
- Countries of the World for Elementary School
- Famous World Landmarks for Elementary School
- Roman Culture for Kids
- Castle History for Elementary School
- History of Christianity for Kids
- Civil Rights Activists for Elementary School