About This Chapter
Scientific Principles - Chapter Summary
Expert instructors have developed fun online lessons that you can access whenever and wherever your schedule permits to boost your knowledge of various scientific principles. Get a quality understanding of the scientific method, experimental design in science and more without setting foot in a traditional classroom. Once you've completed this chapter, you will be able to:
- Utilize specific study skills to strengthen your comprehension of science concepts and vocabulary
- Discuss the terms and steps of the scientific method
- Describe the use of experimental design in science
- Read scientific graphs and charts effectively
Select the lessons you want to review based on your existing knowledge of the scientific principles covered in this chapter. Enjoy the ability to review the lessons as entertaining videos or full transcripts. Feel confident that you understand the concepts you review by taking multiple-choice quizzes. Clarify topics you don't understand or expand your knowledge by sending lesson topic questions to our experts.
1. Science Vocabulary & Concepts: Study Skills & Word Parts
Learning science presents a unique set of challenges for students. In this lesson, learn the tricks of the trade as we discuss scientific vocabulary and other science study skills.
2. The Scientific Method: Steps, Terms & Examples
The scientific method is more than just hypotheses and experiments. In this lesson, we'll explore the themes and variations that make up the world of science.
3. Experimental Design in Science: Definition & Method
What are the requirements of a scientific experiment? How do scientists turn hypotheses into theories and laws? Learn the answers to these questions and more in this lesson on the design of scientific experiments.
4. How to Read Scientific Graphs & Charts
How do scientists summarize their findings with visual aids? In this lesson, explore the different types of tables, charts and graphs that scientists use. Learn to read these effectively as a preview to your science studies.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 95 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 2,000 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the FTCE Middle Grades General Science 5-9: Test Practice and Study Guide course
- Structure and Behavior of Matter
- Trends of the Periodic Table
- Gas Laws
- Properties of Waves
- Electricity and Magnetic Force
- Basics of Thermodynamics
- The Electromagnetic Spectrum and Electric Units
- Plate Tectonics and Dating Methods
- Cycles and Layers of the Earth
- Space Science
- Cell Biology
- Process of DNA Replication
- The Transcription and Translation Process
- Chemical Reactions of Metabolism
- Overview of Cell Division
- Biology of Genetics
- Plant Biology Overview
- Human Anatomy & Physiology Overview
- Biological Evolution & Natural Selection
- Organism Classification & Phylogenesis
- Microbiology Overview
- Ecology & Florida
- Analyzing Scientific Data