About This Chapter
Who's It For?
Anyone who needs help learning or mastering sexual disorders material will benefit from the lessons in this chapter. There is no faster or easier way to learn sexual disorders. Among those who would benefit are:
- Students who have fallen behind in understanding the types of sexual disorders
- Students who struggle with learning disabilities or learning differences, including autism and ADHD
- Students who prefer multiple ways of learning psychology (visual or auditory)
- Students who have missed class time and need to catch up
- Students who need an efficient way to learn about sexual disorders
- Students who struggle to understand their teachers
- Students who attend schools without extra psychology learning resources
How It Works:
- Find videos in our course that cover what you need to learn or review.
- Press play and watch the video lesson.
- Refer to the video transcripts to reinforce your learning.
- Test your understanding of each lesson with short quizzes.
- Verify you're ready by completing the sexual disorders chapter exam.
Why It Works:
- Study Efficiently: Skip what you know, review what you don't.
- Retain What You Learn: Engaging animations and real-life examples make topics easy to grasp.
- Be Ready on Test Day: Use the sexual disorders chapter exam to be prepared.
- Get Extra Support: Ask our subject-matter experts any question about the sexual disorders material. They're here to help!
- Study With Flexibility: Watch videos on any web-ready device.
Students Will Review:
This chapter helps students review the concepts in a sexual disorders unit of a standard mental health course. Topics covered include:
- Causes and treatment of desire disorders
- Disorders of excitement characteristics
- Treatment for orgasm disorders
- Sexual pain disorders and causes
- Gender identity disorder
1. Desire Disorders: Definition, Causes & Treatment
Desire is a normal part of adult relationships. But what happens when someone loses all desire? In this lesson, we'll examine hypoactive sexual desire disorder, its symptoms, causes, and treatment.
2. Disorders of Excitement: Definition, Causes & Treatment
Sex is a normal part of adult life, but what happens when someone is not able to be physically aroused? In this lesson, we'll look closer at different types of excitement disorders, as well as their causes and treatments.
3. What Are Orgasm Disorders? - Definition, Causes & Treatment
Some people aren't able to reach orgasm, or they reach orgasm too quickly. What causes these things, and how are they treated? In this lesson, we'll look at the symptoms, causes, and treatment of orgasm disorders.
4. Sexual Pain Disorders: Definition, Causes & Treatment
Most healthy adults enjoy sex, but sometimes people experience pain during sex. In this lesson, we'll look closer at sexual pain disorders, their causes and their treatments.
5. Gender Identity Disorder: Definition and Social Perception of Gender Dysphoria
What happens when someone is born a woman but feels like they should be a man? In this lesson, we'll look closer at gender identity disorder, its symptoms, and changing views on it as a mental disorder.
6. Sexual Frustration: Definition & Symptoms
Did you know that it is possible to feel sexual frustration even in cases where you have sexual contact on a regular basis? Learn more about sexual frustration and its symptoms from this lesson.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 95 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 2,000 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Mental Health Study Guide course