About This Chapter
Small Business Analysis Models - Chapter Summary
This chapter's lessons outline several analysis models that businesses use in order to make decisions and evaluate the effectiveness of their business strategies. You'll break down several models and analyses, including the BRIE model, SWOT analysis, PERT analysis and much more.
To make sure you fully understand the purposes and implementation of these analysis models, try taking the self-assessment quizzes that accompany each lesson. These mobile-friendly resources are available at any time that's convenient. Studying this chapter's lessons can help you:
- Explain the business application of the BRIE model
- Outline the process of SWOT analysis
- Break down the situational analysis format in marketing
- Evaluate a marketing plan using the break-even analysis
- Predict project completion by using PERT analysis
- Calculate and interpret liquidity ratios
1. The BRIE Model: Definition, Application & Techniques
When starting a business, there is a long list of things to be done. This lesson looks at how the BRIE model is used to help entrepreneurs plan the tasks involved in setting up a business.
2. What is a SWOT Analysis?
In the business world, as in many other places, decisions aren't made lightly. Rather, management spends a long time considering the pros and cons of every choice. This lesson will teach you about one of the key ways they do that, the SWOT analysis.
3. Situational Analysis in Marketing: Examples, Definition & Format
What is a situational analysis? Why would you prepare one? In this lesson, we'll discuss what a situational analysis is, what it does, and how to prepare one.
4. Using Break-Even Analysis to Evaluate a Marketing Plan
Watch this video lesson to learn how you can use a break-even analysis to help you decide whether a particular marketing plan is worth it or not. Learn how this analysis let's you see how many products you need to sell to make it worth it.
5. PERT Analysis & Project Completion
Time-based decision methods are used a great deal when a manager or company looks at a time-based project. To ensure the project can be done on time, managers use PERT analysis, a tool for estimating the time it will take to complete a project. This lesson will outline PERT and help you to understand how it is used to predict time based projects.
6. Liquidity Ratio: Definition, Calculation & Analysis
The financial stability of a company can be tested in many ways. One of the quickest ways to see just how well a company is performing is to use financial ratios. In this lesson, you will learn what liquidity ratios are, how to calculate them, and how to interpret them.
7. Innovative vs. Imitative Business Models
This lesson provides a comparison and definition of innovative and imitative business models. The lesson also provides the benefits and limitations of both business models
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 95 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 2,000 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Intro to Business: Help and Review course
- The Dynamic Business Environment: Help and Review
- Ethical Behavior & Social Responsibility in Business: Help & Review
- Economics and Business: Help and Review
- Business in Global Markets: Help and Review
- Forms of Business Ownership: Help and Review
- Entrepreneurship and Small Business: Help and Review
- Managing and Leading in Business: Help and Review
- Leadership Styles in Business: Help and Review
- Organizational Management: Help and Review
- Project Management Basics: Help and Review
- Business Production and Operations: Help and Review
- Workplace Productivity & Motivation: Help and Review
- Basics of Human Resources: Help and Review
- Managing the Employer-Worker Relationship: Help and Review
- Business Marketing Basics: Help and Review
- Product Development and Retailing: Help and Review
- Product Distribution & Supply Chain Management: Help and Review
- Pricing Strategy in Marketing: Help and Review
- Product Promotion in Business: Help and Review
- MIS Basics in Business: Help and Review
- Implications of Information Technology: Help and Review
- Risk Management in Business: Help and Review
- Accounting Basics: Help and Review
- Financial Management in Business: Help and Review
- Securities Markets and Business: Help and Review
- Lean in Business
- Money and Financial Institutions: Help and Review
- Strategic Planning for Small Businesses
- Small Business Entrepreneurship
- Ethical Behavior & Social Responsibility in Small Business
- Product Development & Pricing for Small Business